Transfer Rumour Maximillian James Aarons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appreciate this comes across a bit “tinpot”, but I think it’s just in line with the realism the owner/DoF have had about our young talents, much like Godfrey, Aarons and Buendia in particular are headed for much higher echelons of the game than what we at Norwich can offer.

Pretty widely known/reported down here in Norfolk, it was agreed between Aarons and the club last summer when we went down he’d give us one more year, and then we will grant him his move this summer whether we get promoted or not this season. I’d imagine around £30m gets it done

As for Aarons himself as a player, unsurprisingly being a Norwich fan, I think he’s got the talent to be a top quality RB. Will need some refinement, he is only 21 after all, but similar to Godfrey a manager like Ancelotti is exactly the type to push him on to achieve his potential

He has the pace, attacking ability, touch to be a great player but I think what’s impressed me most is his temperament and maturity for a young kid, plays every minute of every game, rarely injured...and am always reminded of his league debut, which came away against Ipswich as a 18 year old, at a time when Farke was on the verge of being sacked...and he didn’t put a foot wrong, played like a 10 year veteran and he’s never looked like any occasion is too big for him in his 100+ games with us.
I think Brands has made mentality a big factor for most of our signings since he's been here. Can definitely see this lad fitting in well with the young tightly nit group of players we have. Best squad moral I've seen in a long time, exciting times.

With Romano now having confirmed our interest twice, Bayern being counted out and United already having AWB, I'd actually be surprised if this didn't happen.

This is the kind of link that is established early, often rumbles on for a while longer than you'd have thought, has a few twists and turns on GOT and everyone thinks it's off at least once when in fact it had been on the whole time and was never not happening.

For 30m, I'd do the deal. He has the pace we seriously need in that right back position. We lack pace painfully at times and he'd make a big difference in that regard.

I actually think it'd be quite an exciting signing, the more I learn about him.
We already have Digne to provide the quality into the box, so to have a RB that can stretch the pitch and give us a solid defensive presence at RB without us having to resort to Holgate would be a godsend.

Mase lacks the poise going forward whereas Aarons has just that bit more to him. He could definitely develop well under Carlo. I can get behind this one. The fact he is mates with Ben makes it all the better

Ha how much we'd fewm if that was Kenwright talking about one of.our players

To be fair, it is Norwich, hardly a club with a glorious, if faded, history and a large expectant fanbase.

I think she's being utterly realistic. It's a solid business model: develop a young player, big him up, and sell for top dollar. Norwich are not really in a position to aspire to competing at the very top. We are one of the lucky few that can at least hope to do that - and we've got a history and tradition that proves that. And to be fair, she's more transparent and honest than Kenwright was with Rooney when we were paupers in 2004.

Norwich is a fine, progressive club. Delia is wise enough to know that maxing out on talented young players might be the difference between staying up and going down next year. Players like Godfrey and Aarons are never going to stay - and keeping them isn't likely to ensure success either as the odds are so stacked against a club of that size.

Can someone acknowledge this so I can feel my time looking it up wasn't wasted please.
I genuinely don't know the answer, different stats sites and models calculate what a "big chance" is different and I personally haven't seen anything saying that, but it is certainly plausible.

Only just turned 21, too. Can't complain about fairly big fees for promising young players who are already first-team standard.

If we are interested, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kenny go there as part of the deal. Instant replacement for Norwich plus cash, and he would be teaming up with Dowell who he knows well. Might take a bit off the initial price as well.

Could perhaps even do a deal whereby we send a couple of youngsters there on loan for experience too, Gordon/Branthwaite/Simms/Onyango, etc. They seem to have identified and developed a few really good young players over the last few years, and we could definitely do worse than letting them develop at a club with a good set up who bring players through the right way.

Positives all round.

If we are interested, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kenny go there as part of the deal. Instant replacement for Norwich plus cash, and he would be teaming up with Dowell who he knows well. Might take a bit off the initial price as well.

Could perhaps even do a deal whereby we send a couple of youngsters there on loan for experience too, Gordon/Branthwaite/Simms/Onyango, etc. They seem to have identified and developed a few really good young players over the last few years, and we could definitely do worse than letting them develop at a club with a good set up who bring players through the right way.

Positives all round.
I'd guess if they come up that most of them won't be of interest. Maybe Gordon and/or Branthwaite if they do well the rest of the season but Oyango, Simms and Kenny aren't up to this level at the moment I don't think.

I'd guess if they come up that most of them won't be of interest. Maybe Gordon and/or Branthwaite if they do well the rest of the season but Oyango, Simms and Kenny aren't up to this level at the moment I don't think.
Jonjoe can play at the low EPL and high Championship level. He did it for us, Schalke and now Celtic. All of which are all that same level. He's just not athletic enough for European football.

Jonjoe can play at the low EPL and high Championship level. He did it for us, Schalke and now Celtic. All of which are all that same level. He's just not athletic enough for European football.
I always believe that the best way to never advance is to buy players who aren't better than what you are currently and I'd guess Norwich want to become a team that stays up most years so they'll need to do better than lower PL, high Championship. Not saying they wouldn't necessarily do it because sometimes you've got to take what you can get but for me most PL teams should be steering clear of Jonjoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.