Transfer Rumour Maximillian James Aarons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hysaj (or his agent) came out and said negative things about Ancelotti once he left Napoli.

Scratch him off the list.

I think if you take a look around at right backs who arent at the very top clubs you'll find that there really arent many that you would want.

Hakimi is at Inter but they have money issues, he'd probably cost £40mil but is as much of a guarantee to be one of the best around and can play multiple positons (RB/RM/LM).

Look past him and you have:

Mukiele (Leipzig)
Emerson (Barca/Betis)
Dest (Barca)
Celik (Lille)
Lamptey (Brighton)
Baku (Wolfsburg)

...and of course Aarons.

So you can see if Barca/Inter need the money for Dest/Hakimi and even if they'd want to come or take a gamble on one of the others.

For €35-40mil quoted (£30-34mil) the price suddenly doesnt seem so exorbitant for someone with a lot of games under his belt, English premium with u21 caps...who will have been scouted alongside Godfrey.

If we dont get him, the question then becomes....who do we get?

Theres not many attractive options unless Brands can find a hidden gem somewhere like Brighton did with Lamptey, which is a gamble in itself.

My own feeling would be a lot on that list just fit the wrong profile at this point. Younger players on longer contracts for important players for their teams. Hysaj is more a template really, of a player with not long left on his deal for a club who may want to be moved on.

My own feeling would be a lot on that list just fit the wrong profile at this point. Younger players on longer contracts for important players for their teams. Hysaj is more a template really, of a player with not long left on his deal for a club who may want to be moved on.

True, but when you start going through the right backs in europe that are 'known' theres actually not that many you would choose...

True, but when you start going through the right backs in europe that are 'known' theres actually not that many you would choose...

I did a few months ago and you are spot on.. compared to LB there is actually very little "known" quality floating around.. You have some stupid prices like TAA and then there is a very big drop off.

On the list, I think Celik could work. French football is in a very bad way.

Tbh i dont think hes 'that' good...he was on the list i put down (also below) but im struggling to come up with names...

Really seems to be a lack of right backs of a certain quality.

I did a few months ago and you are spot on.. compared to LB there is actually very little "known" quality floating around.. You have some stupid prices like TAA and then there is a very big drop off.

Yes, exactly...the list i posted before:

Hakimi (Inter)
Mukiele (Leipzig)
Emerson (Barca/Betis)
Dest (Barca)
Celik (Lille)
Lamptey (Brighton)
Baku (Wolfsburg)
Aarons (Norwich)

Im really hard pushed to think of anyone else unless were looking at players 29+.

Status
Not open for further replies.