Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester are unbeaten since we beat them I think.

Form Guide (last 6) (top 3 in EPL)
Manchester City W: 6, D: 0, L: 0, (18)
Everton W: 5, D: 0, L: 1 (15)
Leicester City W: 4, D: 2, L: 0, (14)

Two of the most in form teams in the Premier League. But we're only won 2 of out last 6 home games. Leicester have the same Away record as us, 4 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss in their last 6.

I think it's going to be a game were their midfield will totally dominate ours this time around, since we are missing Allan and Doucoure. Especially with James back who needs Doucoure or Allan to protect him defensively.

Our biggest threat is their biggest weakness. Set pieces and crosses. It's a Brendan Rodgers team after-all, great at controlling the game, but cannot seem to master the art of defending set pieces or scoring them.

It's a coin toss really, can see us winning this game against the run of play. Doucoure and Allan missing is a bigger loss to us than them losing Vardy. It will all depend on how well Sigs/Davies/Gomes play.

I'm going for 2-2

Last edited:

A lot of talk about Davies playing for me personally I’d rather start with 10 men at least we wouldn’t b passing to Leicester players all night he’s pants I’m sure he’s a Liverpool spy sent in to ruin us
I’d say Davies will play, he’s one of the few with the energy, not pace sadly, to play in the centre of midfield now that Allan and Doucoure are missing, rather Tom than Siggy who tries manfully but whose legs have gone, or Gomes who has ability but rarely shows it and is left for dead when defending, maybe Carlo will surprise us with a formation that none of us expected at Wolves, hopefully with the same result.

Status
Not open for further replies.