Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
To chip into the debate.. we clearly need a RB. I’m sure there is consensus on this one.. BUT we shouldn’t be buying a short term one for the sake of it. Best to wait out for the one we want (Brands wants)...
I’m desperate for a right sided Digne but it has occurred to me our defensive improvement is very much down to shoring up the right hand side.. Holgate’s side.

by him not venturing forward and getting Iwobi on the right is playing to both their strengths and Holgate is not running into the areas Iwobi wants to roam. So we have gained an attacking edge as Iwobi stays further right and James is moved more central. If we get another wing back now how will this dynamic work. With the right player it can work amazingly but let’s not mess up a working set up at the moment.

as much as I want a new RB.. I’m enjoying our much improved defensive solidity on the right and we have begun to create a little too with James and Digne back.

I think we need a RF/ST even if it is only in on loan. If DCL is worse than led to believe then it leaves us with only Richarlison as a sensible striking option. If he can play both positions it means if DCL is fit we can use him on right and try James inside.

To chip into the debate.. we clearly need a RB. I’m sure there is consensus on this one.. BUT we shouldn’t be buying a short term one for the sake of it. Best to wait out for the one we want (Brands wants)...
I’m desperate for a right sided Digne but it has occurred to me our defensive improvement is very much down to shoring up the right hand side.. Holgate’s side.

by him not venturing forward and getting Iwobi on the right is playing to both their strengths and Holgate is not running into the areas Iwobi wants to roam. So we have gained an attacking edge as Iwobi stays further right and James is moved more central. If we get another wing back now how will this dynamic work. With the right player it can work amazingly but let’s not mess up a working set up at the moment.

as much as I want a new RB.. I’m enjoying our much improved defensive solidity on the right and we have begun to create a little too with James and Digne back.
You are right, it is about blend so whether Holgate or Coleman we have options to vary . How I will leave to Carlo.

A: Players fees
Sigurdsson £10mil
Bernard £10mil
Tosun £5mil
Kenny £7mil
Davies £12mil
Gomes £10mil
Kean £40mil+
Nominal fees for a few of the others

Circa £100mil + huge amount of wages

B: I dont play FIFA...never touched it. Used to play FM and CM back in the day though...not sure what the relevance is here as they are games.

C: I wrote "£100mil and huge wages for players, before dipping into Moshiris pocket"

We actually signed Allan, Godfrey, Nkounkou, James and Doucoure for £60+mil per Brands...so with £100mil we wont go far wrong.
Who in their right mind is paying 12mil for Tom Davies? There’s gotta be 10 mids in the championship who are just as good you could get for half that.

Also, wages are a huge barrier to most of those sales, even if the numbers are close for most of the rest. No one else in the world is going to offer Sig or Tosun anything close to what they’re on now and pay a decent fee on top of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.