Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Aarons now. We need Seamus's successor at right back as our greatly respected captain gets older and his injury problems seem more regular. It's now or never, someone else will step up for him if we don't act. Just let this guy run up and down on our right flank. It doesn't seem important to many people, but it's vital to get a player like him this January, to pack a successful season with FA Cup chances and top 4.

Get Aarons now. We need Seamus's successor at right back as our greatly respected captain gets older and his injury problems seem more regular. It's now or never, someone else will step up for him if we don't act. Just let this guy run up and down on our right flank. It doesn't seem important to many people, but it's vital to get a player like him this January, to pack a successful season with FA Cup chances and top 4.

Is he good enough though? Someone posted a few days ago hes got 1 assist to his name in over a year, 0 goals and his crossing isn't the best.

Does that sound like the type of full back we require? I haven't seen anywhere near enough of him to judge bar the odd game last season for Norwich where he never stood out imo.

Surely for the kind of fee they will be after we should be looking for a progressive full back who has all the attacking attributes needed as well as being athletic defensively.

So is lamptey

Fact is Coleman is injury prone and he is no longer effective going forward. Many attacks break down because of his poor crossing. We cannot rely on holgate as a stop gap if Coleman is injured as he doesn’t get forward that often. If we are going to compete with Southampton and Leicester we need to have two full backs who will contribute to the attacks and at the moment we only have one which is digne.

Godfrey hit the ground running I see no reason why Aaron’s wouldn’t

We have Coleman, Holgate, Godfrey, Kenny who can all play there.

If you think we are going to spend £30m in January on a kid for right back, in an attempt to propel us to Champions League football, then I don't know what to say to you.

And you do realise we are already competitive?

...it’s the dimension a player like Aarons gives the team that’ll make the difference. Digne gives us so much threat on one side but Coleman is fragile and I’m not convinced by Holgate at RB, other than as a stop-gap and even then I can see Godfrey leapfrogging him in the role.

Agree, it’s looking more likely to be a summer change.

Thats no doubt true mate. But in the analogy of an extra dimension (which I think is a good way of looking at it) I would ask;

1) Is that an extra dimension we need over the next 4 months, given the focus is on maximising points to the end of the season and we have developed a team around defensive stability

2) Will it be easier to get him settled over the summer, and probably it wil be cheaper.

We have Coleman, Holgate, Godfrey, Kenny who can all play there.

If you think we are going to spend £30m in January on a kid for right back, in an attempt to propel us to Champions League football, then I don't know what to say to you.

And you do realise we are already competitive?
I think you've said it already !!

Aye, because last years Norwich defence was the mutts nuts.
Lets see if we can buy it all...

Thats no doubt true mate. But in the analogy of an extra dimension (which I think is a good way of looking at it) I would ask;

1) Is that an extra dimension we need over the next 4 months, given the focus is on maximising points to the end of the season and we have developed a team around defensive stability

2) Will it be easier to get him settled over the summer, and probably it wil be cheaper.

....fair point, but ironically that defensive stability was largely found when arguably our two most creative players, Digne & Rodriguez were unavailable. Ancelotti has found a way of winning, even without Richarlison, DCL & Allen.

....fair point, but ironically that defensive stability was largely found when arguably our two most creative players, Digne & Rodriguez were unavailable. Ancelotti has found a way of winning, even without Richarlison, DCL & Allen.

How we can reintegrate those players, without losing that defensive stability is going to be the key question isn't it?

How we can reintegrate those players, without losing that defensive stability is going to be the key question isn't it?

...it certainly is, Matey. It’s about getting the balance and i believe the introduction of greater pace and athleticism in key areas will help the cause.

Having full backs who get a nose bleed when they cross the half-way line certainly makes us sounder defensively but we create so much when we get behind the opposition. The best teams have that level of creativity. Pace at CB helps cover space behind our own full backs. We need to facilitate our attacking prowess and maximise our defensive stability when the opposition has possession.

it’s why Ancelotti & Brands are paid big Bucks.

I'm not sure Aarons makes that much difference mate. Holgate has been very decent in there and it will take Aarons time to settle.

Honestly wouldnt be surprised if we tried in the summer, and they take less come the end of the season.
I think by a proper right back would make a big difference to our attacking play on the right hand side. However, we do have Coleman, Kenny and Holgate who can play there. We have even used Iwob as attacking fullback.

Howevef, we have less cover in the forward positions, so my assessment is that position is more important.

I do agree we need a right back, but it will probably be in summer.

I've been thinking that for a couple weeks now. We really need to start scoring more. I think at least 2 places are going to come down to GD and we have one of the worst at the top of the table.
We never finish teams off properly. Never seem to get that two goal cushion.

Status
Not open for further replies.