2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk

Some mess over at the Carlos thread apparently.

But I hope she comes back.

If not, y'all are stuck with me as the only Colombian member

I hope they both come back so GOT gets its power couple back! I miss them.

Glad your still here mate - keep the faith.

In other news, the hilarity that people actually think siggy keeps Hamez out of the team, when he's fit! Jesus wept, really?!

Get well soon Hamez - cant wait to see you back in the side!

“Hound him out of the club”? Some fans are telling the truth, we’re you happy with his performance on Saturday and the week before, and the week before that? He made a marvellous pass and had a good shot saved, he also passed the ball out of play twice, was caught in possession too often, gave up the ball too easy and his attempted tackles were an embarrassment, it’s Carlo’s job to fit him into this team, squad, he brought him here, at the moment he is a luxury this poor team can’t afford, his very poor moments far outweigh his good ones.
So what’s your answer? We have had multiple teams of players who run themselves into the ground for 25 years and won absolutely nothing. NOTHING. He to my mind is the first world class creative player we have had in that time and the best since Arteta. He’s not 23 like DCL so cannot play every game but for the biggest games this season, especially away, we desperately need his qualities or we won’t win them. 25 years of going into big games with less quality on the pitch proves that. Also think his work rate is fine but no he doesn’t track back as he is always looking to find the space he needs to damage teams. We just need to find a balance. Iwobi will need to stay on the right for now as the cover he provides has helped us keep clean sheets. James has to replace Sig in the team but only when fully fit.

So what’s your answer? We have had multiple teams of players who run themselves into the ground for 25 years and won absolutely nothing. NOTHING. He to my mind is the first world class creative player we have had in that time and the best since Arteta. He’s not 23 like DCL so cannot play every game but for the biggest games this season, especially away, we desperately need his qualities or we won’t win them. 25 years of going into big games with less quality on the pitch proves that. Also think his work rate is fine but no he doesn’t track back as he is always looking to find the space he needs to damage teams. We just need to find a balance. Iwobi will need to stay on the right for now as the cover he provides has helped us keep clean sheets. James has to replace Sig in the team but only when fully fit.
My answer was contained in my post, it’s Carlo’s job to fit him into the squad and team, he brought him here and knows what sought of a player he was buying, what he could do and what he couldn’t do. We will miss the good side of him when he doesn’t play but won’t have to deal with his poor side either, and there is a poor side to him, whether you agree or not.

Thing is we look a lot more solid at the minute. Whether it's because we've changed the system or the back 4 have bedded in I'm not sure

Lol people actually saying James shouldn’t come straight in and replace Sigurdsson? Seriously guys, Sigurdsson was 7/10 against Chelsea and 6/10 against Leicester, just because he dropped his own bar so low doesn’t mean being above it is good! James was the leading creator in the league after five games and is still well up there based on minutes. I agree James shouldn’t displace Iwobi as that changes the system but there’s no single thing that he doesn’t do better than Sigurdsson if he sits in that 10 role in our current system, not one thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.