2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 of those "7" trophies hes won have been Supercopa de España (the spanish charity shield) and the super cup (the European charity shield).

Hes won 4 trophies and one of them he was only in the competition through failure of another competition. I dont see how a very strong team failing in a competition then dropping down into a weaker competition and winning the weaker competition a sign of success at the club. Especially if its your only trophy in the past 6 years.

My mistake, he actually won his first europa league trophy in his first season. So fair play that was a good trophy for them.

No mate he’s won 7 trophies. Just because you don’t think beating the CL winner is a worthy trophy doesn’t mean they didn’t actually win a trophy.

Huge difference between what Real/Barca have been spending and what Atletico spent.
Winning La Liga with that kind of an uphill sled against spending is a massive accomplishment, on par with Klopp at Dortmund and Ranieri's shock title.

Knocking Simeone's CV or Ancelotti's CV is insane. They both know what they're doing.

I understand that people are frustrated that Ancelotti isn't going for broke with their preferred young players, but that's just not who he is.

This. Only Evertonians could knock Ancelotti and Simeone after having Koeman Allardyce and Silva. It’s amazing that one of those two names is actually our manager. Both are world class.

Carlo gets from me (and deserves) his first year without question.

A manager of his calibre needs that first year as a free pass. Also General great fulness that he decided to come here.

Once that first year is up then we can start dissecting his tactics or progress.

Carlo gets from me (and deserves) his first year without question.

A manager of his calibre needs that first year as a free pass. Also General great fulness that he decided to come here.

Once that first year is up then we can start dissecting his tactics or progress.

So we’re not allowed to question why he’s playing rubbish midfielders at left back ahead of a left back just because it’s his first full season?

So we’re not allowed to question why he’s playing rubbish midfielders at left back ahead of a left back just because it’s his first full season?
We can speculate on it and discuss amongst ourselves quietly but for the first year we got to guzzle it down and the. wipe our lips. And say nothing to NOBODY. Like a good women holding onto her bf that’s out of her league with the luxury car and big gaf.

I worry that carlo is too cool and laid back to cope with the levels of absolute gash that make up our squad. It looks like he's telling them to go out there and be confident, aggressive and to have fun. Might be time to install a style of play and count less on the individuals.

I'm his first year he has to make do a bit. He's inherited a squad without the necessary winning mentality. Once he hits the 12 month mark he should have had a significant impact on the squad, style etc. Then we can start a debate, hopefully of course the debacle will merely be what trophy will we win?
You won't have to wait much longer, he's only a couple of weeks off his anniversary!

I'm his first year he has to make do a bit. He's inherited a squad without the necessary winning mentality. Once he hits the 12 month mark he should have had a significant impact on the squad, style etc. Then we can start a debate, hopefully of course the debacle will merely be what trophy will we win?
You won't have to wait much longer, he's only a couple of weeks off his anniversary!

He’s inherited a left back and isn’t playing him.

He needs to be backed in the transfer market in January and the summer, substantially aswell.
That makes sense until you look at who he has signed and who we are linked with. He has a habit of signing players that got him sacked in his previous jobs. Shouldn't we be looking to create a structure that outlasts Carlo.

Hamez was one of the players who got him sacked at Madrid, he took him to Bayern, and he was sacked there as well. Allan was one of the players who got Carlo sacked at Napoli, yet he was still brought in.

Now we are being linked with Isco who was at Madrid when Carlo was sacked.

They are all good players but surely we are just repeating failure.

I love Carlo, but he has huge questions to answer if we lose against Burnley to make it 5 defeats from 6 with the squad he has available to him. It's been an awful run and he's made some baffling decisions along the way, it's high time to turn it around right now.

We have the league's top striker, a Brazilian intentional striker, Colombia's best ever player, plus (not including Sigurdsson) over 75m worth of midfielders brought in in the last 18 months to improve us. If we cannot outscore crap teams then we have massive, massive problems.

That makes sense until you look at who he has signed and who we are linked with. He has a habit of signing players that got him sacked in his previous jobs. Shouldn't we be looking to create a structure that outlasts Carlo.

Hamez was one of the players who got him sacked at Madrid, he took him to Bayern, and he was sacked there as well. Allan was one of the players who got Carlo sacked at Napoli, yet he was still brought in.

Now we are being linked with Isco who was at Madrid when Carlo was sacked.

They are all good players but surely we are just repeating failure.

Carlo has been at top clubs who inevitably sack their managers. Madrid will sack Zidane in the season after he won them the title and this is the guy who won them three CLs in a row. I don’t think any of the players he has brought here got him sacked at his other jobs. If he thought they did then he wouldn’t want them would he. James and Allan are two of our best players. The squad is improving.

I love Carlo, but he has huge questions to answer if we lose against Burnley to make it 5 defeats from 6 with the squad he has available to him. It's been an awful run and he's made some baffling decisions along the way, it's high time to turn it around right now.

If we win though it’s 6 wins from 11 games and we’ll probably be in the top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.