Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Persistent knee issues' have dogged his record in the last three seasons as per the reports this morning. Not exactly a ringing endorsement. And if Moon-head, being a former CB, has binned him instantly I am not sure this one is a good idea. This following Bednarek yesterday does suggest one of our higher earning CB's (Mina being rested to avoid injury v leeds?) could be on his merry way in January.
I feel we do need that beast of a CB. I thought mina was going to be that, but seems to make a mistake every game and Keane isn’t good enough either.

With Godfrey, holgate and branthwaite. Costing under 25 Mil. Yes they are still all young and we won’t really know how good they will be for a few years. But if we can get something for Mina this summer and Keane the next. And go and pay top dollar for a top CB, is the way we should be going.

Can’t think of to many of the top my head. Obviously some very good young Ones around, but I think we need 24 to 27 age bracket. Skriniar would be mine, but very unlikely we would get him.

'Persistent knee issues' have dogged his record in the last three seasons as per the reports this morning. Not exactly a ringing endorsement. And if Moon-head, being a former CB, has binned him instantly I am not sure this one is a good idea. This following Bednarek yesterday does suggest one of our higher earning CB's (Mina being rested to avoid injury v leeds?) could be on his merry way in January.

When healthy, he is terrific and only 27 - positionally mature and always steps up irrespective of opponent. Unfortunately, he is far from his old self.

It's the surgery he went against medical advice to not have done due to concerns about missing the WC - he was warned and there was precedent that should he avoid the surgery initially, he risked having chronic knee instability

I suspect that's where he's at although he played under Setien earlier in 2020 (33 appearances in last 2 seasons)

This is a good video summarizing what is going on with his knee and lies ahead

Id disagree with this. The new style may not be as rigid a template as Pep’s tiki taka or Klopp’s pressing game but there’s no doubt in my mind that under Ancelotti we are trying to play a completely different way than we did before with far more of the ball on the deck

Koeman and Silva were 433 managers with pressing from the front, a high defensive line, a number 10 in behind, and two deeper lying midfielders. We often went long and chased into the corners, and we marked zonal.

We’re now trying to play out from the back far more. We don’t set up with a classic number 10 in 433. Our main striker isn’t moving much outside the width of the box. Our defence is sat deep but are encouraged to play out (sometimes to our detriment), and our set piece defence is completely different. It may be fair to say that Ancelotti is more of a pragmatist in that he flexes his style to the players he has (rather than shoehorning them into his template formation) but I don’t buy that Ancelotti’s football hasn’t required a transition from why we played under Koeman, Allardyce and Silva. It’s completely different in my view.

I feel we do need that beast of a CB. I thought mina was going to be that, but seems to make a mistake every game and Keane isn’t good enough either.

With Godfrey, holgate and branthwaite. Costing under 25 Mil. Yes they are still all young and we won’t really know how good they will be for a few years. But if we can get something for Mina this summer and Keane the next. And go and pay top dollar for a top CB, is the way we should be going.

Can’t think of to many of the top my head. Obviously some very good young Ones around, but I think we need 24 to 27 age bracket. Skriniar would be mine, but very unlikely we would get him.

I agree, would go for Romagnoli myself though Skriniar also equally as good if not perhaps better.

The italian has the leadership...

When healthy, he is terrific and only 27 - positionally mature and always steps up irrespective of opponent. Unfortunately, he is far from his old self.

It's the surgery he went against medical advice to not have done due to concerns about missing the WC - he was warned and there was precedent that should he avoid the surgery initially, he risked having chronic knee instability

I suspect that's where he's at although he played under Setien earlier in 2020 (33 appearances in last 2 seasons)

This is a good video summarizing what is going on with his knee and lies ahead

Ideal for a loan really...cant risk signing him.

Well publicised over the past seasons about his kneee.

FWIW, Umtiti will play in a friendly tomorrow with Barca B to see how he has progressed with his recovery since last playing in an official match on June 27. Should he do well, he will return to the main list of available 1st team players at the end of the week else he goes back to individual training for additional weeks

I watch a lot of Eredivisie and I've said before I think someone like Koopmeiners would be a perfect signing for Everton, though he's being linked with Leeds and Arsenal at the moment. Maybe even Joey Veerman at Heerenveen. It would add that strength and intensity to the middle of the pitch.

Geertruida wouldn't be a bad signing at RB either.

Think they could all do a job for us...

Who would be your choice....?
I’d take brooks, I think he’s really talented. The question would be, from what I’ve seen, he’s more of a clever technical player, not really a powerful pacey one.

But In his first prem season he got like 7 goals in 30 games, which is very impressive. If he’s scoring & creating double figure goals, then we can leave the power and pace to DCL & Richarlison.

James is basically Gordon. Pace, lots of it, drives at players, needs lots of game time to figure out if he's good
He does have blistering pace, but never been impressed with his final ball and decision making. He’s also 23 while Gordon is 19. Still very early days for Gordon, but he looks to have a bit more than just pace imo

I watch a lot of Eredivisie and I've said before I think someone like Koopmeiners would be a perfect signing for Everton, though he's being linked with Leeds and Arsenal at the moment. Maybe even Joey Veerman at Heerenveen. It would add that strength and intensity to the middle of the pitch.

Geertruida wouldn't be a bad signing at RB either.
I’ve read a lot about koopminers, only watched a little bit though. can play a few positions. center LM in a 2. LM in a 3. Also had. Season at CB as a young player. Technically great with a brilliant left foot. Had a brilliant game v Utd last year

But apparently not the quickest, which won’t go down well with all the pace perverts. And of course the old Dutch league to prem conundrum. But I suppose wouldn’t cost a fortune.

Other Dutch players
Stengs left sided forward
Mallen a promising striker was on Arsenals books as a kid. Not sure if we have many scouts in Holland, you’d think we would with Brands. Seem to have a few in France, not a bad thing as France seem to be producing a lot of talent recently

Status
Not open for further replies.