Robertson's tackle on Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
...it’s a good point. I’ve had plenty of ligament injuries and you’re able to walk in straight line with little or no discomfort. It is agony if you get a touch from the side.

I’ve never experienced an ACL, I just think if there was any doubt they’d have protected him in case he slipped getting back to the Portabin.
yes I know, I’m sure your right. I just childishly couldn’t resist.

Going back to the late 1970,s being in the Horticulutural industry we used to accept orders for all the parks deliveries - turf always came in heavy cut rolls about 20 cm thick it was heavy layer interlocked with soil brushed in the zig zag joints etc.....
Then one day this turf came in a net meshing rolled up in massive rolls plus wider rolls - my nursery foreman inspected it very clever he stated , but it could never be used on any sports surface as spokes or studs cold get caught trapped in the netting ...
He was spot on ....how many injuries have we seen since it's invention .......far too many sometime well off the ball a stud sinks into the tight hole of the netting and the leg going in a different way knickers knee or ankle ligaments- Arteta at Newcastle springs to mind no one near him ......finished his career imo......
Cisssie for the otherlot at the old Maine road running and getting a double leg break ......same occurrence......
The new turf is quick plus easy to lay but the holes in the mesh are lethal imo......
Only fit for ornamental lawns ......

...very good point, Joey. You’ve also reminded me of Jagielka when his knee buckled.

I’ve walked around USM FF and recently kicked a few balls at Goodison and the pitches have very little give in them. USM FF pitches replicate Goodison and below the first inch they are very firm, with little or no sympathy in them. They are nothing like the surfaces we played on.

...I didn’t think Mane’s clash with Digne was bad. To me, he clearly had his eyes on the ball.

The Robertson kick on Allan was simply that. It wasn’t a tackle, he kicked out and caught Allan. It genuinely could’ve resulted in injury. I’m sure I heard Martin Keown say “he’ll be in trouble here”. No action taken.

Absolute disgrace. Had to be a red

Robertson knew it too

There’s not a lot of difference between this challenge and the Luke shaw one the other week, one was sent off and the other didn’t even get a yellow. It’s classic big red though, the amount of decisions that have gone their way far out weigh the ones against them, but.....
VaR iS AGaInST Us dO LaD, OrDEr A ReVIew, SomEtHing NeeDS TO Be DoNE LaR.

There’s not a lot of difference between this challenge and the Luke shaw one the other week, one was sent off and the other didn’t even get a yellow. It’s classic big red though, the amount of decisions that have gone their way far out weigh the ones against them, but.....
VaR iS AGaInST Us dO LaD, OrDEr A ReVIew, SomEtHing NeeDS TO Be DoNE LaR.
When they moan to the prem our they going to send both trophies back the title trophy plus the VAR trophy that helped them to win the title so convincingly ? lol

They are moaning that MOTD never mentioned enough about our tackles and how bad they were. The BBC are showing bias they are saying.

They forget that this filthy tackle was not shown or spoken about at all.... They just do not see it do they,
Not arsed. They're in full deflection mode after project big picture. Let's not forget that 2 of the UK's biggest clubs were trying to blackmail the 72 efl clubs and would be happy to destroy English football for a profit.

This little rat is rapidly creeping up the list to be my most hated RS player ever.

I remember him when he played for Hull at Goodison and got the absolute piss taken out of him by Enner Valencia of all people whilst we smashed them 4-0. Six months of being sat on the RS bench watching Alberto Moreno whilst the RS 'club doctors' prepped this smack head ready for first team action has thoroughly gone to his head.

Him deliberately skying the ball for Scotland the other night so he'd get a suspension for their next game summed this little ferret.

How he's the captain of his country is totally beyond me, he once jibbed them off so he could get a bit of dental work done the horrible Walking Dead extra.

If Pickford gets a ban hopefully they look at the kick from behind on Allan and ban this little rat as well. Loose him as well and see how great they are then !!!

Don’t like this “asking the premier league to look into such and such incident“ thing. It smacks of grassing to a teacher about something that happened during break time when they weren’t looking.

However, if that’s the way it is to be, then so be it. If there is any noise of the Premier League/FA giving our players bans to appease Liverpool’s offside goal (however tight it was) being ruled out then we should ask that they look at the following:

1- Robertson’s off the ball cynical foul on Allan. Dangerous and could’ve resulted in serious injury.

2- Mane simulation. Pretending Gomes had kicked him in the head when no contact whatsoever had been made. You could make an argument that Gomes’ foot was too high, but once you clutch your head and pretend to be in pain you’re trying to con the ref.

3- Mane’s off-the-ball trip on Mina. needless and cynical.

As I said at the start, if the Premier League/FA stand up to the RS and say these issues were looked at at the time (which they say they were) then I’ll let the above slide. If not, then we need to demand that the above are looked at.

Don’t like this “asking the premier league to look into such and such incident“ thing. It smacks of grassing to a teacher about something that happened during break time when they weren’t looking.

However, if that’s the way it is to be, then so be it. If there is any noise of the Premier League/FA giving our players bans to appease Liverpool’s offside goal (however tight it was) being ruled out then we should ask that they look at the following:

1- Robertson’s off the ball cynical foul on Allan. Dangerous and could’ve resulted in serious injury.

2- Mane simulation. Pretending Gomes had kicked him in the head when no contact whatsoever had been made. You could make an argument that Gomes’ foot was too high, but once you clutch your head and pretend to be in pain you’re trying to con the ref.

3- Mane’s off-the-ball trip on Mina. needless and cynical.

As I said at the start, if the Premier League/FA stand up to the RS and say these issues were looked at at the time (which they say they were) then I’ll let the above slide. If not, then we need to demand that the above are looked at.

Correct. 2 can play that game.

This reminds me of Neymar and PSG complaining to Ligue 1 about racist slurs, then the other team found clips of Neymar using racist slurs against one of their Asian players.

You go and complain and if the league entertains it, we will complain as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.