2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just not any positives to his appearance yesterday really.

I don’t think the game particularly suited him. We were in a dog fight really trying to stop Palace over running us and they were closing everything down when we were in possession. Plus he’s never been one to get back and help us out defensively and that showed yesterday when the few times he did get back he lost the ball or failed to get a block or challenge in.

I think had we been 3-1 up and in control he may have been a decent option to bring on.

He was poor yesterday. The cavaet being, he was brought on with 15 minutes or so to go, in an awful situation for a creative midfielder. We were penned back, he got played a couple of hospital balls with 2-3 men around him etc. He dug in well and looked better when we eventually came through that spell.

I'm not his biggest fan, but I'm not massively frustrated at him yesterday.

Ah mate. Creative midfielder. Where? When? So the awful passing was someone elses fault because of hospital balls?
Why do some on here continually find excuse after excuse after excuse for iwobi.
He's not played in his right position
Its the other players around him
We dont play to his strengths.
The weathers not right for iwobi today.
His rice krispies didnt snap crackle and pop in the morning and it affected him.
Baffling.

Criminally overrated when people say he's a bad player, because he's absolutely abysmal. That was a shambolic cameo off the bench yesterday. I hope he sees he's way down the pecking order and pushes for a move back down south. Off to Palace or West Ham with him.

He's always too slow to react. In comparison to watching richarlison. It's like he switches off or just isn't in tune. I dunno what it is but it's annoying

Yep, I thought he was really sloppy.... but when he gets himself central he can make things happen that's for sure.

A really frustrating figure currently but there's no doubt when he finds himself in little pockets of space he has something about him

For purposes of the Iwobissance I'm creating a new, more meaningless stat called rebound assists and he now has 1 for DCL's goal that hit the post first. Richarlison also has one on Keane's goal vs West Brom. I will update it again when needed.

He was ok tonight and my money would be on him getting a chance from the start against Brighton.

Iwobi must be one of Carlo's long-term improvement plans alongside Keane who really
looks like a fish out of water.

I think that Iwobi was a bad buy- inflated price, unclear his best position, no obvious skill -
but now that he's here Carlo will try to improve him but he's not good enough yet to start
unless others are injured.

He’ll start on Saturday.

He hasn’t started a league game since the Villa home game last season.

Won’t get a better chance to up his game and stake a claim than now. I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt, coming on towards the end of games when we are backs to the wall and not having much possession so let’s see how he does from the off on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.