Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a new CB for the first team, like Gabriel was going to be, not a back-up for someone that isn’t good enough themselves, like Mina.

We need a new RB for the first team as well. Someone that is capable of whipping a cross in just like Digne and Baines have been capable of doing so. Coleman can’t do that! Even on the few occasions that he does get the ball in the box it’s done in a poor fashion, it’s never whipped in like a Baines or Digne cross.

I acknowledge that funds are not infinite, but I see the “we can’t afford” line continuing to be mentioned. Who says we ‘can’t afford’? The Esk?
I try to avoid the Esk just to allow me to dream a bit. If we had the cash I'd still want to recruit 2 midfielders nicking Arsenal's target Auoar from Lyon and get in Soumare from Lille. Then get Upamencano for our defence while Man U sleeps. A guy can dream!!

As for Zaha, I think it is a goer and the doubters on here are going to see how good he really is. He played within himself last year as he's desperate to leave.

We need a new CB for the first team, like Gabriel was going to be, not a back-up for someone that isn’t good enough themselves, like Mina.

We need a new RB for the first team as well. Someone that is capable of whipping a cross in just like Digne and Baines have been capable of doing so. Coleman can’t do that! Even on the few occasions that he does get the ball in the box it’s done in a poor fashion, it’s never whipped in like a Baines or Digne cross.

I acknowledge that funds are not infinite, but I see the “we can’t afford” line continuing to be mentioned. Who says we ‘can’t afford’? The Esk?

Saying we cant afford Zaha is vastly different to saying we cant afford a CB or a RB, on loan.

Some of the bigger teams in this league are horrific bet Moshiri is smelling a huge opportunity here wouldn’t surprise me if we do get 2-3

Sadly not with Kenwright still around muttering "go with what we've got what a team Mosh".

I’m hoping the top quote is accurate. Moshiri and Usmanov should be looking at the league and thinking there is a real opportunity here with a bit more spending!

The attitude in the second quote is still prevalent in some quarters. People saying “We can’t afford” to do this or that, as if it’s still 2003. Our de facto owner is wealthier than Roman Abramovich. He will spend however much he wants to spend!

Saying we cant afford Zaha is vastly different to saying we cant afford a CB or a RB, on loan.

I agree, but I’d say we aren’t willing to pay what Palace would want for Zaha, rather than we are not able to afford it.

We were apparently looking to bring in a first team CB (Gabriel) as far back as February. That needs still exists. We shouldn’t be looking to bring in players that are even worse than what we have, and I think we have the ability to sign more permanent players as long as we think they are value for money.

I’m hoping the top quote is accurate. Moshiri and Usmanov should be looking at the league and thinking there is a real opportunity here with a bit more spending!

The attitude in the second quote is still prevalent in some quarters. People saying “We can’t afford” to do this or that, as if it’s still 2003. Our de facto owner is wealthier than Roman Abramovich. He will spend however much he wants to spend!

You can't spend however much you want to spend, that's exactly what FFP stops you doing. Doesn't matter how rich he is.

The question isn't if he's prepared to spend any more, it's if he can work around FFP enough in order to spend any more this season without any outgoings.

I think if we can just go out and get Oblak for 80m, Arias for 14m, Koulibaly for 75m, Perisic for 21m, Zaha for 45m, Cavani on a free and recoup 1.5m by Selling Sandro and 2m for Bolasie just to balance the books I reckon we'll be absolutely sound and be able to give the top 6 a real good go.

iF DiS IrAnIaN FeLlA hAs dE dOuGh He SaYz He HaS

I think if we can just go out and get Oblak for 80m, Arias for 14m, Koulibaly for 75m, Perisic for 21m, Zaha for 45m, Cavani on a free and recoup 1.5m by Selling Sandro and 2m for Bolasie just to balance the books I reckon we'll be absolutely sound and be able to give the top 6 a real good go.
Is this your team on Fifa or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.