Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with the right back, centre back options, but wouldn't another winger hold Gordon back even more ? Can see a big future for Gordon has the touch and the pace. Have to be really top class winger/ forward, then maybe ...

Gordon is a LW. It’s clear or he will play more centrally.

Happy to have our wide options look like this.

LW:

Gordon
Richarlison

RW:

James
New signing

the rest can be bailed and for me that would be superb from the wide areas.

It’s in Fat Franks best interests to string us along before refusing to loan. They did it with Zouma.
I get what you’re saying but if they’re really smart they’ll see we can take points off all their rivals (just beat spurs) so why wouldn’t they loan us a player they don’t need who would help us against their rivals but be ineligible against them? If they loaned us Tomori and he and Keane struck up a dominating partnership but then come our game against Chelsea we had to play a different pairing it would be an advantage to them.

I get what you’re saying but if they’re really smart they’ll see we can take points off all their rivals (just beat spurs) so why wouldn’t they loan us a player they don’t need who would help us against their rivals but be ineligible against them? If they loaned us Tomori and he and Keane struck up a dominating partnership but then come our game against Chelsea we had to play a different pairing it would be an advantage to them.

But if they see us as rivals then they wouldn't want to send us anyone who would help. Yes he wouldn't be able to play against them for two matches, but for the other 35 games we have left this season, he could improve us, win us more points and help us to finish above Chelsea in the league.

We should have Tomori already - so now we should be looking elsewhere so we don't end up in a Zouma situation. A lot of European clubs must be having to raise cash given the current state of affairs - we can look beyond Chelsea for value and quality.

How far are Hogate and Branthwaite from being fit ?

We should have Tomori already - so now we should be looking elsewhere so we don't end up in a Zouma situation. A lot of European clubs must be having to raise cash given the current state of affairs - we can look beyond Chelsea for value and quality.

How far are Hogate and Branthwaite from being fit ?

It's about having the player we want/profile we need. Tomori fits the bill as he's quick, like Gabriel.

We have allocated funds elsewhere - namely midfield - so probably don't have £20m to go and spend on a CB from Europe who may then need more time to settle in.

We know Tomori knows the league and can come straight in and has what we need. It's probably on him and his reps to force Chelsea's hand. Lampard is playing silly buggars but it doesn't mean we just give up (though yes, you have to hope we've learned lessons from last year and not put all of our eggs in one basket).

- and so it starts, wonder who they're 'working hard' with...

There's not a huge deal of clubs that would:
1. Be able to pay his wages.
2. Be able to pay the fee as well as the wages.
3. Count as a "step up" in his head.

Looking at the PL, apart from the top 6 (none of which I think will be going for him). His options as a step up from Palace are most likely us, Leicester, Newcastle, Wolves. Maybe Arsenal fancy him and put Aubameyang up top instead?

Leicester are getting Cendiz Under so that's probably their business done for a wide player. Newcastle surely wouldn't pay the money for him. Wolves have a different transfer approach to buy value from abroad.

If it's not us or the top 6, his only options seem to be abroad in a climate where most clubs aren't spending big money and even at the best of times wouldn't go near his wage demands. Would he take a massive pay cut to live abroad and play CL football somewhere? Good for him if so.

Transfer window would be the same without this link.

Non Joyce Times link.

If as reports suggest and City are in for Jimenez that pushes this lad further down the pecking order at City
If Carlo wants him ( am thinking Tomori will go to France as part of the Mendy deal ) then why not
Still prefer Tomori as he has a bit more experience in the PL
While we are at it why not throw 15m and JJK at Norwich for Max Arrons

The midfield had a very nice balance on Sunday. If that, over the next few games, proves to be a consistent performing blend with James on the right, do we want to be disturbing that by bringing in another winger of the perceived level of Zaha?

What I mean is, we've got Gordon and Bernard (and Iwobi, Walcott but I expect they won't be here come the beginning of the season). For a club not in Europe, should we not just have those as back ups rather than having someone who is going to come on big money and potentially sit on the bench?

Looking at the PL, apart from the top 6 (none of which I think will be going for him). His options as a step up from Palace are most likely us, Leicester, Newcastle, Wolves. Maybe Arsenal fancy him and put Aubameyang up top instead?

Leicester are getting Cendiz Under so that's probably their business done for a wide player. Newcastle surely wouldn't pay the money for him. Wolves have a different transfer approach to buy value from abroad.

If it's not us or the top 6, his only options seem to be abroad in a climate where most clubs aren't spending big money and even at the best of times wouldn't go near his wage demands. Would he take a massive pay cut to live abroad and play CL football somewhere? Good for him if so.

Arsenal, Everton or abroad the only realistic options I can see.

And I think Everton is the least likely of those three options. I wouldn't be surprised if we tried for him again, but I don't see it happening due to the enormous fee and our struggles to move others on.

Moshiri wants him

Arsenal, Everton or abroad the only realistic options I can see.

And I think Everton is the least likely of those three options. I wouldn't be surprised if we tried for him again, but I don't see it happening due to the enormous fee and our struggles to move others on.
Agreed. I don’t see us getting him at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.