2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just curious why you think his heart isn't in it

Ferguson subbed him after bringing him on as a sub last season. Presumably as he wasn't following instructions etc and not trying hard enough.

The numerous stories in the press could just be made up but there's a chance they're coming from his agent as he wants a move.

It’s all question of patience. For the club, we have to be patient that he will adapt to the premier league, and live up to the hype that made us purchase him in the first place. For Moise, he has to be patient with not starting, and both he, his agent and us, have to give it time.

"Send him on loan"
"Worse than Niasse"
"Rubbish player"
"Cant see anything in him"
"Sell for £15-20mil"

Possibly the funniest one;

"Played at centre forward and didnt do anything"

lol

Kean isnt Duncan Ferguson or Calvert-Lewin. He's not a player who plays 'back to goal'. Hes not a 'target man'.

Not really sure what people expect when a player is asked to play a role hes not comfortable with. Perhaps improve? Thats fair, like DCL who got tremendous stick on here but posters just brush that under the table now.

Short memories.

James Rodriguez may have a bad game but can make 2 amazing passes leading to goals.

Richarlison can 'work hard' against teams and miss 2 or 3 chances but is praised.

A confident Moise Kean would be sitting on a hattrick tonight.

Put the ball into his feet or just in front of him facing goal and he'll be a huge asset to the team.

Scored one tonight, could have had 3.

Will net 10-12 this season if he gets 15-20 starts.

Looking forward to him playing with James and the rest of the first team ;)

"Send him on loan"
"Worse than Niasse"
"Rubbish player"
"Sell for £15-20mil"

lol

Kean isnt Duncan Ferguson or Calvert-Lewin. He's not a player who plays 'back to goal'. Hes not a 'target man'.

Not really sure what people expect when a player is asked to play a role hes not comfortable with. Perhaps improve? Thats fair, like DCL who got tremendous stick on here but posters just brush that under the table now.

Short memories.

James Rodriguez may have a bad game but can make 2 amazing passes leading to goals.

Richarlison can 'work hard' against teams and miss 2 or 3 chances but is praised.

Put the ball into his feet or just in front of him facing goal and he'll be a huge asset to the team.

....he’s a footballer who gets possession of the football on a football pitch. There should be no excuses, back to goal play is basic for any footballer in any attacking position. When your team is under the cosh your strikers need that attribute to relieve pressure.

its easy to say he’ll be a revelation when he’s played in behind by Rodriguez, but I’m not seeing evidence of him exploiting space, having great touch or being a good finisher. He’s getting opportunities to tell his manager he’s an option but not grasping them.

He’s a footballer who gets possession of a football on a football pitch, be nice if he started to do something with it that demonstrates he’ll be an option.

Last edited:

Jeez.....he's 20. Give him time. Too quick to pan players in here.

Works both ways. Im glad he played last night as it may shut a few people up about he needs to start games( same people who go on about iwobi) Saw last night exactly why managers havent been starting him. He's clearly not anywhere as good, as again those on here, who dont do him any favours by bigging him up to something he isn't.
Saying all that. I dont think he is a lost cause. He could be a good goal poacher. But he needs to show he wants to be here. Just guessing but maybe cut the moody attitude that sometimes smacks of players who think they are better than they are. Like balotelli.
But as of right now i cant for the life of me see him starting big important league games.

"Send him on loan"
"Worse than Niasse"
"Rubbish player"
"Sell for £15-20mil"

lol

Short memories.

Should we ask the opposition to lie down and let him get his shots in while we are at it?

He looked poor against absolute carthorse centre backs, his movement was really, really poor and was lagging behind play by about a second at times. When the carthorses got knackered he looked a bit better. How that replicates into him being a Premier League ready player ill never know. Combine that with having a trampoline for a first touch and it's pretty clear he isn't cut out to be a striker in English football.

....he’s a footballer who gets possession of the football on a football pitch. There should be no excuses, back to goal play is basic for any footballer in any attacking position. When your team is under the cosh your strikers need that attribute to relieve pressure.

its easy to say he’ll be a revelation when he’s played in behind by Rodriguez, but I’m not seeing evidence of him exploiting space, having great touch or being a good finisher.

He’s a footballer who gets possession of a football on a football pitch, be nice if he started to do something with it that demonstrates he’ll be an option.

100%

There seems a split between people who see numbers and the ones that see what he does on the pitch.

DCL does more on the pitch than score goals, was given chances because of what he was doing that we'd hope would then lead to goals...and it's paid off.

Until Kean gets to that...for me he needs to go out on loan and learn the game.

its easy to say he’ll be a revelation when he’s played in behind by Rodriguez, but I’m not seeing evidence of him exploiting space, having great touch or being a good finisher. He’s getting opportunities to tell his manager he’s an option but not grasping them.

Same could be said about a far more experienced and bigger player in Romelu Lukaku when he was 20.

Would you say the same if he had netted 3? Possibly, but if we have a player who receives the ball facing goal and gets shots on target i cant see too many complaints.

Should we ask the opposition to lie down and let him get his shots in while we are at it?

He looked poor against absolute carthorse centre backs, his movement was really, really poor and was lagging behind play by about a second at times. When the carthorses got knackered he looked a bit better. How that replicates into him being a Premier League ready player ill never know. Combine that with having a trampoline for a first touch and it's pretty clear he isn't cut out to be a striker in English football.

"His movement was really, really poor"

So bad that with some luck he could have scored 3.

Not many complaints about Lukakus touch thesedays...

Im very relaxed about Kean...going to be a very effective player.

Not really sure what people expect when a player is asked to play a role hes not comfortable with.
I tell you what we expect....to be able to control a football. He was up against league 2 opposition. The amount of times he mis controlled a football was embarrassing. We all want every Everton player to do well, but I’m sorry what we’ve seen, he’s nowhere near the standard required.

100%

There seems a split between people who see numbers and the ones that see what he does on the pitch.

DCL does more on the pitch than score goals, was given chances because of what he was doing that we'd hope would then lead to goals...and it's paid off.

Until Kean gets to that...for me he needs to go out on loan and learn the game.

Spot on, couldnt agree more.

You have posters (yourself included) whinging about a player being asked to play as a target man when his game is nothing of the sort.

Doesnt take sherlock holmes to analyse that + thats precisely why hes not looking the part.

Imagine asking Pippo or Simone Inzaghi to play as a target man.

I feel that his physique means hes being labelled as something hes not.

Would you take a young Inzaghi into this squad and play him as a target man?

Clearly not.

"Send him on loan"
"Worse than Niasse"
"Rubbish player"
"Sell for £15-20mil"

lol

Short memories.

Kean reminds me of Calvin-Lewis for couple of seasons back. Often was pushed aside or went easily down. Last season he got more muscles and look where he is now. Think Kean has to put more muscle on to take the next step. He is not a target man atm, but hopfully he can improve during the season.

I tell you what we expect....to be able to control a football. He was up against league 2 opposition. The amount of times he mis controlled a football was embarrassing. We all want every Everton player to do well, but I’m sorry what we’ve seen, he’s nowhere near the standard required.

Kean reminds me of Calvin-Lewis for couple of seasons back. Often was pushed aside or went easily down. Last season he got more muscles and look where he is now. Think Kean has to put more muscle on to take the next step. He is not a target man atm, but hopfully he can improve during the season.

Possibly, i mean i just think its mad to want to make him a target man (if thats the plan).

Andy Cole looked like a joke when he joined united after being a goal machine for newcastle.

Perhaps the idea is to mould his all round game.

If thats the idea then we shouldnt expect instant results under Ancelotti. If we played him as an off the shoulder finisher and poacher in a 2 then its a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.