2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im still buzzing after that.All the excitement with the new signings, and it would be typical Everton to put a damper on everything and lose.But no we went to Spurs and won, with all the new signings impressing, and we should have won even more convincingly than we did as well.That win was a statement of intent alright.Carlo Magnifico Carlo Fantastico In Carlo We Trust.;) btw That twit who always has a pop at Ancelotti has gone very quiet.Oh well im sure he'll pop out again whenever we lose.

Last edited:
Hi again,

New Colombian supporter. As someone who just watched his first full Everton match, I have a few humble observations.

1. Very happy James landed here. It is as mutually rewarding situation as I've ever seen. Your team will benefit greatly from.his creativity while he from a team perfectly set up to exploit his talents. Also, loving the fanbase and the forum.

2. This team is MUCH better than anyone gives them.credit for. The starting 11 can compete with anyone on any given night. The midfield is perfect with workrate, passing, and creativity. Richarlison is very skilled and will be the biggest beneficiary from James since James will look for him from across the field to change the front of the attack.. DCL, although not very popular here, seems to be the perfect 9 for this team and the EPL. Guy works hard and is a good target man.

3. The squad needs a right flank option. Preferably a RB that ventures forward. As I mentioned in the James thread, James lacks pace, is extremely left footed, and is a smart but not great dribbler. He and the team will benefit tremendously from a RB that he can associate with and play off of. He was great at this with Arias in the national team. DCL would also benefit a lot as a target man from creativity coming from both flanks and through the middle from James.

4. Depth. The starting 11 is very good, but an injury or 2 to the key players and you go from competing for European spots to being a middle of the table team. Need to add some depth to be able to properly rotate and cover injuries

Last but not least, this could be a special season.. The "big 6" will all have to cover European competitions while the Toffees will only have the local cups and the league. A couple of more moves and some luck with injuries, and you will be in it until the end.

Overall, so happy to share this season with you lads and best of luck!

Hi again,

New Colombian supporter. As someone who just watched his first full Everton match, I have a few humble observations.

1. Very happy James landed here. It is as mutually rewarding situation as I've ever seen. Your team will benefit greatly from.his creativity while he from a team perfectly set up to exploit his talents. Also, loving the fanbase and the forum.

2. This team is MUCH better than anyone gives them.credit for. The starting 11 can compete with anyone on any given night. The midfield is perfect with workrate, passing, and creativity. Richarlison is very skilled and will be the biggest beneficiary from James since James will look for him from across the field to change the front of the attack.. DCL, although not very popular here, seems to be the perfect 9 for this team and the EPL. Guy works hard and is a good target man.

3. The squad needs a right flank option. Preferably a RB that ventures forward. As I mentioned in the James thread, James lacks pace, is extremely left footed, and is a smart but not great dribbler. He and the team will benefit tremendously from a RB that he can associate with and play off of. He was great at this with Arias in the national team. DCL would also benefit a lot as a target man from creativity coming from both flanks and through the middle from James.

4. Depth. The starting 11 is very good, but an injury or 2 to the key players and you go from competing for European spots to being a middle of the table team. Need to add some depth to be able to properly rotate and cover injuries

Last but not least, this could be a special season.. The "big 6" will all have to cover European competitions while the Toffees will only have the local cups and the league. A couple of more moves and some luck with injuries, and you will be in it until the end.

Benvenidos Azul Nuevo!!

7B5FB49B-2D6E-4A1A-BE1F-C9EB487E3BAF.jpeg

garth crooks the div

Hi again,

2. You should have seen them last season with the Sigurdson/Davies axis; it was not pleasant.
4. Agree; depth is key to challenge for the top spots.

Wonderful to have you aboard.

Enjoy!!

Hi again,

Makes me laugh how someone can watch us once and work all of that out, but you are absolutely right. Having said that, if you had watched us last season with the midfield we had, your opinion on points 1 and 2 would be very different.

Points 3 and 4 - Yes, we have little depth in the squad and both of our right backs can't do the job we need in attack, we need a new one. Arias is possible, also maybe Diego Dalot from Man Utd. They seem to be the only two right backs being mentioned now - as well as maybe Emerson from Barcelona/Betis. We do need one though - James will open up that attacking side for us, but we need someone to take advantage

Status
Not open for further replies.