2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you've got to give Kean time.

Young player, new country, new style of football, change in manager half-way through the season, pandemic, closed behind doors football. But most importantly playing for a team that was shambolic in the main.

He's shown enough here and in his career beforehand to say he's worth persevering with. If he's at a similar stage next summer then these types of conversations will be more valid.

However, I do think we expected more from a 30m investment. It’s a big outlay on a player not ready for the first team. It meant that we went into the season weak in other areas because we invested in him.
He may yet come good, but he will have to do an awful lot this season to restore some faith.
Think it's time we need to stop dwelling on transfer fees so much to evaluate how a player should be expected to perform from minute one, especially for young players and those from other leagues. Fees these days are just all over the place in general.

Would love to see a comp of his last 2 starts

Showed good creativity, strength, link up play and dribbling in both, as well as obviously bagging in both
It shouldn't be a surprise that a 20 year old striker needs more than 5-10 minute cameos in a team devoid of creativity to show what he can do.
But no, its all just 'excuses' for him according to posters who use have an agenda against anything they perceive Brands to be involved in.

Anyone who can't see Moise has talent needs to give up on football.

It shouldn't be a surprise that a 20 year old striker needs more than 5-10 minute cameos in a team devoid of creativity to show what he can do.
But no, its all just 'excuses' for him according to posters who use have an agenda against anything they perceive Brands to be involved in.

It actually goes deeper than that with @davek

The carpet bagger sacked RM, so anything he does = evil. Therefore anyone hired by Moshiri also = evil, and then anyone signed by the people he's hired = terrible and a product of evil

Someone like Moise, who's clearly a Brands signing, doesn't stand a chance

Your point is valid, and i agree he needs more than 10 minute cameos to show what he can do.

But what concerns me more than that, is the fact that he hasn't been considered worthy of more first team football by any of the managers hes played for this season.

In the Newcastle game and the Bournemouth game i think he did well and I would like him to be given more opportunities from the start. But he has been a liability in some of his cameos and you can't really blame the managers for not wanting to give him more time

Think it's time we need to stop dwelling on transfer fees so much to evaluate how a player should be expected to perform from minute one, especially for young players and those from other leagues. Fees these days are just all over the place in general.
I understand your point, but when he’s one of our most expensive players ever, I think we can have some expectations.
The wider point is whether we as a club should make investments like that. When the first team needs immediate improvement, it’s difficult to justify bringing in players who are not ready to hit the ground running.
I hope he has a big season next year, I’ve seen glimpses of skill that I like. But where we are as a club right now, we need all our first team squad to step up.

I was expecting him to go back to Italy within a week or so of the season ending, but now I wonder if he'll end up replacing Richarlison alongside Calvert-Lewin.

Isn't it more about having options upfront?

Having 3 good forwards at least provides options for the manager. To pick and choose based on form, the opposition and/or how we want to play.

Good teams don't just have a good 1st XI. You need a reliable 16-18 players who complement each other but other differing strengths at the same time. You need at least 3 or 4 good forwards (wide or central) out of that 16-18 players to stand any chance.

I see DCL, Richarlison and Kean as potentially 3 good forward players who could player together or separately. None are top class currently but some have have definitely shown more than others. All have promise though and it's the manager and his coaching staff's role to get the best out of them next season.

To be fair to @davek hes picked out some players like Robertson when he was at Hull.

I do think though Dave that youve praised Dowell (who flopped in the premier league) based upon youth matches for Everton and England...

...yet youve become rather obtuse about a player who has obliterated every italian record at youth and national level for his age.

If we get him on the pitch starting games i think he'll have a 1 in 3 record next season with a half decent midfield behind him.

If he realises his potential then were talking a Richarlison level player.

Isn't it more about having options upfront?

Having 3 good forwards at least provides options for the manager. To pick and choose based on form, the opposition and/or how we want to play.

Good teams don't just have a good 1st XI. You need a reliable 16-18 players who complement each other but other differing strengths at the same time. You need at least 3 or 4 good forwards (wide or central) out of that 16-18 players to stand any chance.

I see DCL, Richarlison and Kean as potentially 3 good forward players who could player together or separately. None are top class currently but some have have definitely shown more than others. All have promise though and it's the manager and his coaching staff's role to get the best out of them next season.
I don't disagree with the sentiment, but I just can't envision a scenario where Everton are letting a £27m player sit on the bench for a second straight season. With no European fixtures, and barring a complete summer squad rebuild, it's going to be Calvert-Lewin as the target man and Richarlison playing off him as long as both are fit.

I'm forever a pessimist when it comes to this club, and so I don't see Kean staying unless Richarlison goes.

People stand back and wonder out loud why we are where we are as a club.

Well one of the reasons we are where we are is that players who cant find the net are tolerated.

Can you imagine ANY club the size of us with pretensions for Europe holding onto a player as bad as Kean has been?

We settle for rubbish all too easily.

Dave, I know you got banned from the Baines thread, thus derailing your focus on the true object of your ire... can you stop the wind up on every other thread?

Maybe start a thread about a hobby you enjoy or something that made you laugh. Try a little positivity for a change.

Think you've got to give Kean time.

Young player, new country, new style of football, change in manager half-way through the season, pandemic, closed behind doors football. But most importantly playing for a team that was shambolic in the main.

He's shown enough here and in his career beforehand to say he's worth persevering with. If he's at a similar stage next summer then these types of conversations will be more valid.
He must have game time next season, and rotate with the other two.
He needs through balls to run onto. He is not good with his back to goal. Firing crosses from the wings to him is just not his game. If our midfield were better he may have got more time this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.