2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpeg

Lowest save percentage in the league. I think he was 18th or 19th last season?(couldn't find the stats). It's not form, it's not attitude, he's just rubbish.

View attachment 95680

Lowest save percentage in the league. I think he was 18th or 19th last season?(couldn't find the stats). It's not form, it's not attitude, he's just rubbish.

Good lord. Add this to his 70+ goals conceded in a single season at The Headpatters and it is really tricky to see how anyone bought him in the first place. He's diabolical.

View attachment 95680

There’s multiple number 2s far better than Pickford. Martinez at Arsenal, Romero at United, Heaton/Hart at Burnley, I’m not even certain Lossl isn’t better than Pickford.

Guaita is the one that always impresses me.

View attachment 95680

Not to defend Pickford because I'm now of the opinion that there's probably no fixing what's wrong with him. But he isn't the lowest, Kepa is, he's just not on that list for some reason.

Also, I hate using save percentage as an indicator. It implies too many bad assumptions. Like, the one where he fumbled it, hit Keane, and then rescued it off the line. That counts as a save and ups his save percentage, where as someone smashing it in from a yard out where he has no chance of saving it counts against his save percentage. Not sure if there's a stat for it, but unforced errors would be better. Allison makes a huge number of howlers, but not all of them lead to goals, and when they do, they usually don't result in a loss.

Pickford is bad, but save percentage is such a reductive way to quantify his awfulness

I thought when we got him. He would be decent now I know he’s not and he’s arrogant
When.we got him I was on a course with a mackem and he said he would be brilliant. Gave him.a bit of time but had concerns when I saw him as I like tall keepers. For me he has never been good enough. Had an ok first season. Came back from the world cup and he believed the hype about him. He has progressively gotten worse. He never seems to learn anything,. He is too small at corners teams put a man in front of him.and he is taken out of the game. I did put a list of his mistakes up a couple of weeks ago and we can add yesterday's. His grinning makes people mad. He has list us loads of games. Get rid asap

People saying get rid!

Who will take him?

On the wages we pay he, we cant have him sitting on the bench! Plus having to invest in a new number one!

Once anyone gets wind of us wanting rid, we will get low balled!

Status
Not open for further replies.