New Everton Stadium Discussion

Laughing at all the Meis devotees who were told the feller was playing them with his Everton tattoos and his "When Everton touch you" nonsense.

He was always just after the gig.

Another phoney bites the dust in the long running 'Everton Need a New Stadium' saga: 1996-2020.

Can hardly call him a phoney, it’s gonna be his stadium design :coffee:

The roof is the only part of it that looks his idea...and I bet that gets updated.

The feller was using Evertonians to get the gig. It didn't come off and he threw his toys out the pram.

Tbf, you'd have to have been Stevie Wonder not to see what he was about years ago.

The roof is the only part of it that looks his idea...and I bet that gets updated.

The feller was using Evertonians to get the gig. It didn't come off and he threw his toys out the pram.

Tbf, you'd have to have been Stevie Wonder not to see what he was about years ago.

I’m sure he’s made a pretty penny off EFC. I’m not one for being arsed about an architect getting an Everton tattoo, but he’s designed a fine stadium. Unlucky for him Laings have gone elsewhere but as he seems to hate, “that’s business!”

I’m sure he’s made a pretty penny off EFC. I’m not one for being arsed about an architect getting an Everton tattoo, but he’s designed a fine stadium. Unlucky for him Laings have gone elsewhere but as he seems to hate, “that’s business!”
I've always maintained that the location is the USP. The stadium would have to be pretty dire design wise not to look great.

That said, we need to make sure now that Laing O'Rourke dont pressure the club into compromising that much they hand us a bog standard Riverside type stadium.

I've always maintained that the location is the USP. The stadium would have to be pretty dire design wise not to look great.

That said, we need to make sure now that Laing O'Rourke dont pressure the club into compromising that much they hand us a bog standard Riverside type stadium.

I’m sure the club won’t do that. Isn’t that Chong fella well in with Laing O’Rourke? I’m sure that’s had a lot to do with it, jobs for the boys and that. I’m not arsed though as long as it’s built to a high standard and as you say doesn’t end up being a glorified riverside. Think we have invested too much time and money for that though, personally. We could have built one of them elsewhere in the city for a third of the cost.

Hang on... We go through a proper tendering process for the delivery phase of the stadium. Meis is asked to tender, Pattern are asked to tender to give competition, Pattern win, Meis is offered a consultancy role and chucks his toys and we all go cry arsing?

This means we're definitely planning on moving into the phase of building the damn thing!

It also means Everton are acting in a commercially sound manner instead of hiring their mates to do a job!

What were we complaining about?

Hang on... We go through a proper tendering process for the delivery phase of the stadium. Meis is asked to tender, Pattern are asked to tender to give competition, Pattern win, Meis is offered a consultancy role and chucks his toys and we all go cry arsing?

This means we're definitely planning on moving into the phase of building the damn thing!

It also means Everton are acting in a commercially sound manner instead of hiring their mates to do a job!

What were we complaining about?
Tbf, I don’t think anybody is complaining on here. Just his cult of weird Twitter followers.

I’m sure the club won’t do that. Isn’t that Chong fella well in with Laing O’Rourke? I’m sure that’s had a lot to do with it, jobs for the boys and that. I’m not arsed though as long as it’s built to a high standard and as you say doesn’t end up being a glorified riverside. Think we have invested too much time and money for that though, personally. We could have built one of them elsewhere in the city for a third of the cost.
There does need to be some signature though. Identity wise it has to have a big impact. I've never been a fan of the "Leitch criss cross" brickwork. That is too backward looking and I hope that's looked at again. It's like something a 15 year old fan would ask to be there.

There does need to be some signature though. Identity wise it has to have a big impact. I've never been a fan of the "Leitch criss cross" brickwork. That is too backward looking and I hope that's looked at again. It's like something a 15 year old fan would ask to be there.
Don't think the criss cross is brickwork , looks like steel to me

Really? There's nothing backward about it to me. Unless you want a soulless move?