New Everton Stadium Discussion

I agree with you alot mate but he's been shafted here - poor from the club and something underhand you would expect from the scum across the park.
Who cares? I want the stadium built and so does the club. We don’t have to pander to Meis’ demands. He’s had his money, produced the design and now he can move on to his next project.

Who cares? I want the stadium built and so does the club. We don’t have to pander to Meis’ demands. He’s had his money, produced the design and now he can move on to his next project.

The thing is mate this fella wanted the best for the stadium and for me all this does is point to the club going down the cheap route - dont be shocked to see parts "scaled back" because thats what it screams to me.

This isnt the club being ruthless in a positive way fobbing off a average Sports Pesa deal and getting a new £30 mil blockbuster sponser this is the club imo being either cheap or underhanded.

This isnt positive news whatsoever.

Maybe part of the process of going through planning certain aspects were unacceptable so it was easier to get a UK architect in to make any changes to assist with planning.
As the old saying goes “There’s no mates in business”

Why? Echo article explains that Pattern have been working with Meis and took on the full project at the agreed time because of their greater knowledge of British building regs and relationship with the constructor. No reason to think that isn’t true and perfectly normal. We should be indebted to Meis for a brilliant design, but to deliver this scale project you have to have the right people involved at the right time. When the club are too soft people moan and then when they show a bit of business acumen... people moan! Why would we carry what would be his significant costs as a consultant if it is not needed.

Poor form from Meis in my opinion. Why bother posting anything at all, if you not willing to say it how it is rather than “I’ll tell you one day” - playing the victim.
This

The thing is mate this fella wanted the best for the stadium and for me all this does is point to the club going down the cheap route - dont be shocked to see parts "scaled back" because thats what it screams to me.

This isnt the club being ruthless in a positive way fobbing off a average Sports Pesa deal and getting a new £30 mil blockbuster sponser this is the club imo being either cheap or underhanded.

This isnt positive news whatsoever.
I think as Jacko said before Pattern and Laing O’Rourke have worked successfully before on City’s stadium. They do not have to work with a USA-based architect.

I think as Jacko said before Pattern and Laing O’Rourke have worked successfully before on City’s stadium. They do not have to work with a USA-based architect.

Just a crap thing to do fella - business is ruthless but reputation spreads fast and you dont want a reputation of being underhanded and untrustworthy.

Still feel sorry for him like - bloke designed a world class stadium and deserves better than that.

Just a crap thing to do fella - business is ruthless but reputation spreads fast and you dont want a reputation of being underhanded and untrustworthy.

Still feel sorry for him like - bloke designed a world class stadium and deserves better than that.

The only business that has put people's off here is the architect that missed out on a tender process for the next stage.

I agree with you alot mate but he's been shafted here - poor from the club and something underhand you would expect from the scum across the park.

Like he was told by the club, it's just business, about time we had a big set of ruthless balls in charge instead of Kenwright blubbing because MEIS said he loves Z cars, everything about this says Moshiri/Usmanov in charge and not some blue heart poodle waiting for his head pat for 'doing the honourable thing'

We do a lot of good in the community, but this is 'strictly business' and its actually refreshing to see