Biggest 21st-century Disappointment?

your personal biggest 21st-century Disappointment?

• Walter signing has-beens like Gazza, Ginola, Hughes

• finishing the season with less than 40 points (03/04)

• Wayne leaving

• missing out on Champs League (weirdest luck with RS, Collina)

• 2009 cup final

• Fiorentina

• Arteta leaving

• Martinez's 2nd & 3rd seasons

• Kiev

• Lukaku leaving

• Ross leaving

• Koeman's Europa League embarrassment

• actually appointing Sam Allardyce

• Marco Silva (as if anyone remembers him)

• Moshiri

• stadium plans

• grandoldteam.com ditching KITT

• impossibly-bad derby record of last 20 years

• RS dominating media and winning cups

• something else (tell us)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything except Moshiri.
It’d be easier if there was just an option that said ‘Everton’ or ‘being unable to read and understand Nil Satis Nisi Optimum’

FA Cup final - was absolutely distraught coming out of Wembley that day considering we had taken the lead so early on.

Frustrating considering we had beaten some very good sides along the way. Felt like it was written in the stars that we would go all the way when Saha scored that goal.
I remember celebrating like a madman, only for my dad to say 'its too early to score' from the couch behind me.

I probably should say the 2009 FA Cup final but we were always up against it against that fantastic Chelsea side who could easily have been European Champions that season. (they got robbed in the semi)

It's not on the list but I'm going to go for losing the 2016 FA Cup semi final to a not so great Man Utd side as my biggest disappointment this century. For starters we were much the better side and created far more chances but got sucker-punched at the death. Rom missed chance after chance that day and of course a penalty. Had he took even half the chances he had we'd have stuffed United and faced Palace in the final and had a great chance to end our long trophy drought.

I felt absolutely sick leaving Wembley that day as we didn't get what we deserved.

It's not on the list but I'm going to go for losing the 2016 FA Cup semi final to a not so great Man Utd side as my biggest disappointment this century. For starters we were much the better side and created far more chances but got sucker-punched at the death. Rom missed chance after chance that day and of course a penalty. Had he took even half the chances he had we'd have stuffed United and faced Palace in the final and had a great chance to end our long trophy drought.

I felt absolutely sick leaving Wembley that day as we didn't get what we deserved.

good shout that

Status
Not open for further replies.