Biggest 21st-century Disappointment?

your personal biggest 21st-century Disappointment?

• Walter signing has-beens like Gazza, Ginola, Hughes

• finishing the season with less than 40 points (03/04)

• Wayne leaving

• missing out on Champs League (weirdest luck with RS, Collina)

• 2009 cup final

• Fiorentina

• Arteta leaving

• Martinez's 2nd & 3rd seasons

• Kiev

• Lukaku leaving

• Ross leaving

• Koeman's Europa League embarrassment

• actually appointing Sam Allardyce

• Marco Silva (as if anyone remembers him)

• Moshiri

• stadium plans

• grandoldteam.com ditching KITT

• impossibly-bad derby record of last 20 years

• RS dominating media and winning cups

• something else (tell us)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dholliday

deconstructed rep
We've had a lot of them, but which one hit you personally the hardest, still to this day?

Wayne leaving for me: here we finally have our own homegrown genuinely world-class outfielder, looking for all the world like he's gonna be one of the all-time greats...those collective gasps of excitement everytime he got hold of the ball were incredible. Then he leaves us at merely 18 to chase glory with a bigger club.

He went on to become England's & Man U's all-time top scorer yet it still feels like he didn't properly fulfill that early insane potential.

Him coming back after he's given his best 12 years to Utd just felt so small-time...rubbing salt in the original wound. Maybe i'm just bitter.

Have you got a greater disappointment than that burning a hole in your blue heart?

We've had a lot of them, but which one hit you personally the hardest, still to this day?

Wayne leaving for me: here we finally have our own homegrown genuinely world-class outfielder, looking for all the world like he's gonna be one of the all-time greats...those collective gasps of excitement everytime he got hold of the ball were incredible. Then he leaves us at merely 18 to chase glory with a bigger club.

He went on to become England's & Man U's all-time top scorer yet it still feels like he didn't properly fulfill that early insane potential.

Him coming back after he's given his best 12 years to Utd just felt so small-time...rubbing salt in the original wound. Maybe i'm just bitter.

Have you got a greater disappointment than that burning a hole in your blue heart?
All of the above and more, much too many to mention...many of which my mind has, probably for the best, blocked out

It's the cup losses that always hurt the most, the final against Chelsea of course, mad to think it's our only final since 95... add in late sickeners to Liverpool and United and a little dash of being nailed on for Wembley only to get turned over 3-0 on your own turf by Berto's Wigan. Honestly, It's Trueman show-esque that he wins the cup with them, becomes our manager and only gives us false dawn #48 since the 80s.

Ross kind of flaming out was a serious disappointment. I guess the moment for that is him leaving, but it was a long, slow process.

To me the biggest disappointment is that the developed world have become obsessed with personal wealth acquisition rather than improving the state of humanity, illustrated by the fact that pharmaceutical companies can come up with hundreds of new chemicals to treat symptoms but never any that bring a cure.

Oh and the snake Barkley.

All the January cup exits and subsequent floating around mid table nothingness for half the season has to be worth a shout.

I've gone for the dismal record against the Rs , I recall the times our record wasn't bad Eg late 70,s being born and living in Clubmoor although they were winning the trophies we could at least on occasion savour a Derby win , 78 in the Street End still sticks in my mind and the stick Phil my Kopite neighbour's endured

Status
Not open for further replies.