2019/20 Leighton Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's tidy in passing further up the field still, but he offers no threat going forward as his legs have gone for that surge you need. Added to that, he is a bang average defender and has never been anything other than that.

He's tidy in passing further up the field still, but he offers no threat going forward as his legs have gone for that surge you need. Added to that, he is a bang average defender and has never been anything other than that.
Got to agree. The amount of breaks down the left where richarlison was on his own was amazing. On the right side we always had the overlap option.

Got to agree. The amount of breaks down the left where richarlison was on his own was amazing. On the right side we always had the overlap option.
Exactly.

Poor Richarlison was waiting numerous times for Baines to bomb on and at least take players with him = absolutely f.a. , rooted to the spot.

Baines played like a cowardly, yellow bellied, spineless turd today. His passes didn't even go sideways, they all went backwards, which put unnecessary pressure on our central defenders. Not ONCE did he make a purposeful, forward or decisive pass today. Hiding by passing the buck to others to deal with the ball. The, 'I didn't give the ball away so no-one can blame me', attitude. Always chose the easy option 5yard backward pass. Well, my gran can do that. I'm sorry, but this spineless, cowardly attitude doesn't cut it at the top level anymore. He was a passenger today, and in fact he was worse; we played with ten men today. a non-entity. A sad excuse for a footballer. Shouldn't be allowed near an Everton shirt again. A disgraceful display of football from him.

Thought he was fine today, as he has been whenever hes played this year. Unfortunately, fine isnt going to be enough moving forward. Should be replaced in the summer, too immobile and slow to cover the modern full back role anymore. Hope he gets a testimonial in the summer though, the lack of one for Jags still grates with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.