Man City Banned From Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFP is an inheritently flawed rule invented by the disgraced archdeacon of corruption Michel Platini. A rule which enabled the elite cartel, including his favourites PSG, to be protected while any newcomers were barred.

Platini's opposition to all forms of goalmouth technology or his backing of Qatar, even his accepting of Sepp Blatter's largesse could all be possibly considered as low points of his tenure at the head of UEFA, but perhaps the lowest of all was the introduction of a rule whereby the Glazer's can take millions from United with impunity while Sheik Mansoor is royally punished for giving millions to City.

A bi product of all of this mate is it has engendered significant posturing in domestic leagues for big clubs to solidify their dominance.

We are currently in the worst period in football history for dominance of teams in European Leagues, look at Spain, PSG, Bayern, Juventus, the PL has been reasonably competitive but has turned into a cartel. City really shouldn’t be loosing leagues.

FFP has just enabled, bigger club to approach business and leagues to now make the most profit to comply keeping the cartel going.

For example the new oversees TV rights deal, is the first in PL history were their is a split in payment based on success I.e. top 6 CL club earn more, mid tangle and lower league earn less. Historically everyone got 1 share of 20.

FFP has just seen the top clubs demand more domestically to comply, like above at the expense of those trying to compete and close the gap, FFP and Uefa has done exact thing it was brought in to stop, stop anti competitive practices, it’s made football in to a financial arms race where the bigger try and undercut those who aspire as opposed to a competitive sport, dominance by the bigger clubs in Europe has shown football now is moving further and further away from sport.

It’s probably gonna happen where we finish 5th and then 2 weeks before the CL qualifiers start, the ban gets retroactively lifted. Like the ultimate VAR.

City have known this has been coming for a while, they are prepared for the legal part of this, the Uefa price is just a kangaroo court, there is no way this penalty is sticking for City, they know it, Uefa know it, we need to know it.

We’re 5 points off 4th, might be 8 by the end of the weekend but just because City may or may not have this ban in place should be kind or irrelevant to us. We’ve been the second best team in the league since Carlo came in and aside from a few blips we’ve been incredibly consistent. Why shouldn’t we be aiming to get into the Champions League “the right way”.
The best team ahead of us have been Sheffield United for gods sake. I think if we really push 4th is definitely attainable. The very worst case scenario in this if we did finish 5th is that City appeal and we go into the Europa group stages. That’s not a bad thing in fact it’s our best chance at a cup outside of the League Cup and greatly raises the perception of the club. Absolute no loss situation in my opinion, we should be aiming to finish as high as we can regardless of what other team’s situations are.

Ah they sure are going to stick to this. Why not? They want to protect their top clubs and give a warning to those underneath to not mess around with the status quo and they’re willing to go after man city to do it. One of the biggest bankrolled clubs in the world.

Season is suddenly back on, Europa league is nice, but something massive to play for now and they really should have got some loan signings.

There are some suggestions flying around that they could be booted down to League 2 lol Surely not going to happen but imagine those superstar players turning up for a kicking around at Scunthorpe.

They'd get what they f-ing deserve.

I have to say that I'm struggling to contain my desire to dance down the stairs ala 'The Joker' just thinking about this news.

Ah screw it, one more time won't hurt will it?

Cheaters never prosper*.

Oil Fields FC get what they deserve, football needs honesty, hard work and sticking to the rules running through its veins not oil or its [Poor language removed].

FFP feels like just a way to block other clubs getting into the elite.

To make it truly fair/competitive every club should be given identical funds.Maybe not workable though (n)
This is it in a nut shell, they dont dont want outsiders , it's all about the usual clubs, who's fans are tourists, Bayern , barca , Madrid, man u . Huge TV contracts for UEFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.