January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think its poor on Brands behalf - we've also likely payed Baines, anything we will be receiving on this deal on a 1 year contract extension.

Poor squad management in my opinion.

Not sure - he is getting this move because he's been playing regularly at Wigan. He wouldn't have played regularly here and wouldn't have developed the same way.

The only logical argument I see is that we should have loaned him out again rather than having sold him, but even then he only had a year left on his contract in the summer and by all accounts he didn't want to sign a new one, so what can you do?

I still think its poor on Brands behalf - we've also likely payed Baines, anything we will be receiving on this deal on a 1 year contract extension. Swapping a young player with 10 -15 years in front of him who will be togging out for Milan, for a 33/34 year old legend on a one year deal.

Poor squad management in my opinion.

Nah not for me. He had Digne and Baines ahead of him, didn't have a prayer of game time. He's got that offer on the back of his performances since moving, not based on what he did here.

Sometimes players come good who didn't have a route to the first team - it happens. There's a lot to bash Brands for (failure to move on the rubbish from our squad, leaving obvious reinforcements late... if at all etc.) but this ain't one of them.

Only what i heard on the radio, i am not on the wind up - in the spirit of things, i wouldnt do that.
you need to clean your ears out then mate, as it was talking about when they stole Sissoko from under our feet that time, we thought he was coming here that day and he all of a sudden ended up at WHL

Not sure - he is getting this move because he's been playing regularly at Wigan. He wouldn't have played regularly here and wouldn't have developed the same way.

The only logical argument I see is that we should have loaned him out again rather than having sold him, but even then he only had a year left on his contract in the summer and by all accounts he didn't want to sign a new one, so what can you do?

Fair points,

There was a choice to be made though, promote Robinson to back up duty to Digne and continue develop or give Baines a whopper of a one year extension.

If Baines goes in the summer, guess who needs to go sign another left back, its poor on Brands.

Regardless of players, its really bad judgement.

Nah not for me. He had Digne and Baines ahead of him, didn't have a prayer of game time. He's got that offer on the back of his performances since moving, not based on what he did here.

Sometimes players come good who didn't have a route to the first team - it happens. There's a lot to bash Brands for (failure to move on the rubbish from our squad, leaving obvious reinforcements late... if at all etc.) but this ain't one of them.

I actually think it one of the worst things hes done at the club, its really poor judgement, he had to make a decision on Robinson Vs Baines.

Fair points,

There was a choice to be made though, promote Robinson to back up duty to Digne and continue develop or give Baines a whopper of a one year extension.

If Baines goes in the summer, guess who needs to go sign another left back, its poor on Brands.

Regardless of players, its really bad judgement.

Your post is really bad judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.