January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barca have Semedo + Wague + Roberto all for right back. They are trying to sign Couto and also have a 50% share with Betis (who hes playing for) in Emerson.

Hopefully Brands ties up one of them, id like Emerson...

It would be madness to keep Coleman (and Baines).

Keeping Baines, I dunno, hes done well when hes come in, but at 35, I dunno, that then leaves us with needing a back up LB.

Keeping Coleman is a no brainer.

As for Sidney, I like him, I see his faults, but hes a great attacking tool, but considering his question marks we would probably need another RB, so considering money seems a little tight, the better option might be to retain Sidney and spend our money on our other priorities.

Sales will determine which areas we can focus on in the Summer and the next few months will determine if Sidney can settle in a bit better.

But if we did keep Baines, Sidney and Coleman, thats the fullbacks all sorted for 12months for 13m.

When you consider RB 30m, LB 15m RB 15m, as I said, its a no brainer, would rather that 30m went elsewhere personally.

Keeping Baines, I dunno, hes done well when hes come in, but at 35, I dunno, that then leaves us with needing a back up LB.

Keeping Coleman is a no brainer.

As for Sidney, I like him, I see his faults, but hes a great attacking tool, but considering his question marks we would probably need another RB, so considering money seems a little tight, the better option might be to retain Sidney and spend our money on our other priorities.

Sales will determine which areas we can focus on in the Summer and the next few months will determine if Sidney can settle in a bit better.

But if we did keep Baines, Sidney and Coleman, thats the fullbacks all sorted for 12months for 13m.

When you consider RB 30m, LB 15m RB 15m, as I said, its a no brainer, would rather that 30m went elsewhere personally.

So you would keep:

Coleman Sidibe Kenny
Digne Baines

Are you a hoarder?

.....by my reckoning, there’s two weeks of this window left. Here’s the Toffee transfer rumours for the morning of Friday 17th January;

- Confusing updates from the outlets reporting Everton links with Inter Milan midfielder, Matias Vecino. Calciomercato reported Everton are the ‘most interested’ in signing the 28 year old and had made contact with Inter on Wednesday. The players agent, Alessandro Lucci, is discussing his clients departure from the San Siro. SportItalia then said Spurs have accepted Vecino being part of a deal that takes Christian Eriksen to Inter, which meant Toffees have cooled their interest. Finally, Tuttosport reported Lucci as saying he’d met with Inter and talk of a move to Everton is off the table.

- Le Mans President, Thierry Gomez, has revealed he wont stand in the way of Stephane Diarra if he receives the right offer this month. The Sunderland Echo suggest Everton and Newcastle are keen on the 21 year old winger, whilst the Daily Record links the Frenchman with Celtic.

- Barcelona centre-back, Jean-Claire Todibo has been linked with a move to Everton but The Mail report he has agreed a loan deal with Schalke that includes an option to buy.

- Sky Sports reckon Chelsea will not be implementing their £40m buy-back clause this month for Bournemouth defender, Nathan Ake, which is a boost for Everton.

- According to the Daily Mirror, Newcastle remain interested in Everton defender, Mason Holgate.

Last edited:

“ According to the Daily Mirror, Newcastle remain interested in Everton defender, Mason Holgate.”

Er, what?!

"Hi Mason, would you like to sack off your starting place under Carlo Ancelotti and leave a club that's minted and going places in its brand new stadium?"

"What's the offer?"

"Steve Bruce at Newcastle where Mike Ashley is still in charge"

Click. Brrrrrrrrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.