2019/20 Djibril Sidibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very premature. They have drawn one and lost 3 of their last 4 games, including a 4-0 hammering by Oxford United. They are crap.

But people can’t have it both ways. All summer we had to listen to people bang on about their transfers (again), and during the first few weeks of the season we’ve had to suffer everyone dribbling on about how they’re miles better than us and have a great manager and are challenging the top 4. You can’t just flick the switch to “well they’re crap” because we’ve battered them.

But people can’t have it both ways. All summer we had to listen to people bang on about their transfers (again), and during the first few weeks of the season we’ve had to suffer everyone dribbling on about how they’re miles better than us and have a great manager. You can’t just flick the switch to “well they’re crap” because we’ve battered them.

Just making the point that anyone that has been bigging them up have been very premature in their assessment, because they are as crap as they usually are. We are just two points behind them and should be finishing above them because they are dross.

Everyone has been bigging them up all season and they were tipped to smash us by loads on here.
Oh don't get me wrong, they've been a team who have played well in parts of the season and I'm not undermining his or our own performances at all.

But they didn't turn up: the result flatters them and and takes away from our own sterling performance where it should have been many, many more goals.

I don’t think we can underestimate the difference having a dangerous rhs made. Usually, our opponents know that all the attacking threat on the flanks will be coming from our left. wHU had to cope with Diane/ Bernard, but also Sidibe and an on-fire Walcott. They simply could not handle it and it pulled their defence all over the place! The only sad thing is that history tells us that Walcott will probably go missing again now for months, I hope not, because when he is up for it he is a different class!
Exactly. Our attacking options down both sides, including our full backs, stretched their defence and the interchanging front line just added to their frustration.

Lots to prove?

His competition is Coleman, he doesn't even have to be any good to play over Coleman
He’s only played one match in the prem. In saying that I was impressed and surprised by his pace and attacking prowess. He did seem to build in confidence the longer the game went on and his play with Walcott was also a plus.

Rumour mill is saying Milan are looking to poach him.
I know it's Milan but that team has been so rudderless since they were forced to sell Ibra and Thiago Silva that I'd personally avoid them if the alternative is a mid level Prem team.

Sidibe should be given a chance to keep playing. I think his ability to link up is far superior to Seamus and that's important to not becoming over reliant on the left for ball progression.

I know it's Milan but that team has been so rudderless since they were forced to sell Ibra and Thiago Silva that I'd personally avoid them if the alternative is a mid level Prem team.

Sidibe should be given a chance to keep playing. I think his ability to link up is far superior to Seamus and that's important to not becoming over reliant on the left for ball progression.
Going back to Coleman, I don’t buy the fact he is rubbish. The injury has affected his confidence going forward. He is just to inconsistent and has been reliant on Richarlison helping him in defence. He had a good game against city but was equally poor against Burnley. Sidibe took his chance on Saturday. He deserves a run in the team. Let’s have a proper look at him.

Lots to prove?

His competition is Coleman, he doesn't even have to be any good to play over Coleman
Sidibe might or might not be the long term answer but we know for sure Coleman isnt, i'd even of had Kenny over him last season, from now on spot has to be Sidibe as if he shines and we get him for 13m its another master stroke from Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.