2019/20 Djibril Sidibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
first time I've properly paid attention to him and he looks very useful, and not just in everyone played well kind of way but his touch under pressure and the runs he made
On numerous occasions, he got himself into dangerous positions, stretched their left side and his crosses/general play brought about opportunities.

Whether it was against an awful West Ham side or not, it was refreshing to see our right hand side working well together and threatening teams.

On numerous occasions, he got himself into dangerous positions, stretched their left side and his crosses/general play brought about opportunities.

Whether it was against an awful West Ham side or not, it was refreshing to see our right hand side working well together and threatening teams.

Everyone has been bigging them up all season and they were tipped to smash us by loads on here.

I don't know if they were actually that bad. We were actually very good and would have beaten far better teams than West Ham.

The issue is can we put in another similar effort next week.

...I get the impression Brands/Silva want a new first choice RB. Sidebe has something to prove, but he is looking better than he first did. It’ll be very interesting how this plays out for the rest of this season and into the summer transfer window.

just takes a bit of time, barely played a game, should start again.Going forward he’s a bigger threat than Coleman, pacier and defensively he’s taller so that will aid on crosses.

I don’t think we can underestimate the difference having a dangerous rhs made. Usually, our opponents know that all the attacking threat on the flanks will be coming from our left. wHU had to cope with Diane/ Bernard, but also Sidibe and an on-fire Walcott. They simply could not handle it and it pulled their defence all over the place! The only sad thing is that history tells us that Walcott will probably go missing again now for months, I hope not, because when he is up for it he is a different class!

just takes a bit of time, barely played a game, should start again.Going forward he’s a bigger threat than Coleman, pacier and defensively he’s taller so that will aid on crosses.

...glad you think he’s pacy, it’s an ingredient we seriously need. I’m absolutely certain Brands is looking to address that situation.

Great game for him, but I was almost having a heart attack when he was on the edge of West Ham's box with 5 mins to go. If that was Coleman he'd have been done for pace on the counter attack!

...glad you think he’s pacy, it’s an ingredient we seriously need. I’m absolutely certain Brands is looking to address that situation.

If we are going to have Keane and Mina I think its vital we have some pace out wide which will stop both of the CB's being dragged out. To me Sidibe looks like he has good pace, maybe I'm wrong? His stride forward to set up Iwobi looked quick to me, and he always looked in control in that stride and timed the pass to iwobi perfectly (who should have scored)

Status
Not open for further replies.