2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot understand this attitude toward Cenk , many years ago "we " fought a war with Argentina over islands lying next to Argentina about 10,000 miles away and somewhere I would guess not one of us will ever see .Yet we all rallied around doing what we like to do, spitting all kinds of bile out at anyone who even looked like an Argentine .That was fine because the Falklands was British ,well personally I am ashamed that we have raped and pillaged the world over and believe that it is our right ,yet we can't stand anyone else who is patriotic . We should hang our heads in shame for the things we have as a nation not to our neighbours but to peoples on the other side of the world.At least rightly or wrongly it is his war against a threat from one of his neighbours . the comment on celebrating death is a bit idiotic if it is a conflict is it not?

Celebrating death, not only is he a crap footballer but he is also an arsehole, get rid

tbh he wasn't celebrating "killing Kurds" mate, rather was whole squad emotional/upset because 4 Turkish soldiers 8 civilians were dead near the border, so it was more like sending respect

I cannot understand this attitude toward Cenk , many years ago "we " fought a war with Argentina over islands lying next to Argentina about 10,000 miles away and somewhere I would guess not one of us will ever see .Yet we all rallied around doing what we like to do, spitting all kinds of bile out at anyone who even looked like an Argentine .That was fine because the Falklands was British ,well personally I am ashamed that we have raped and pillaged the world over and believe that it is our right ,yet we can't stand anyone else who is patriotic . We should hang our heads in shame for the things we have as a nation not to our neighbours but to peoples on the other side of the world.At least rightly or wrongly it is his war against a threat from one of his neighbours . the comment on celebrating death is a bit idiotic if it is a conflict is it not?

I agree to some extent, but I don’t remember Bryan Robson or Ray Wilkins etc saluting in any England games.

This should have no part in football at all.

tbh he wasn't celebrating "killing Kurds", rather was whole squad emotional/upset because 4 Turkish soldiers 8 civilians were dead near the border, so it was more like sending respect
thats not the message that will be interpreted, wear an armband if they want to mourn death, don't salute as it will be interpreted as celebrating a murderous military. Get him and his horrible spray on hair out

So past crimes were committed making this one okay? A very odd defense

thats not the message that will be interpreted, wear an armband if they want to mourn death, don't salute as it will be interpreted as celebrating a murderous military. Get him and his horrible spray on hair out

I defo understand but this related to Turkish culture which you are -naturally- not familiar with. Turks are being brought in a weird way. I remember doing the exact salute when I was 5-6 years old if I see a police in the street, and my parents were smiling every time I do, here parents teach it as it is a symbol of "togetherness"; you can't find a kid who didn't do it once in his life

I totaly understand it looking odd for the outside perspective and I am not fan of militaristic upbringing in the country (well Ottoman past and stuff) but it doesn't have anything to do with "I am a soldier too, and kudos for killing Kurds" message

Ah and the argies absolutely love us. No bile at all from them.

Ah and the argies absolutely love us. No bile at all from them.
There was a word I learned last week ,well it seems I didn't as I cannot remember it now ! Essentially it means offering a different argument to answer the point that was made .No one said they weren't as bad or even worse ,the point was the way we as a nation carry on .Going by the above post explaining the Turks use of a salute then I feel even more strongly that he is on here at least by some not being given a fair crack of the whip.

Status
Not open for further replies.