2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was knackered and wasn't producing anything at the time of his substitution, it was a sensible decision, people talking about humiliation need to relax. He joined us lacking in fitness and has probably played more than he should have at this point. He'll be fine.

Agree, and it's hardly a sub-sub in the traditional sense when he came on after about 3 minutes

He was knackered and wasn't producing anything at the time of his substitution, it was a sensible decision, people talking about humiliation need to relax. He joined us lacking in fitness and has probably played more than he should have at this point. He'll be fine.
He wasn't holding out and wasn't expecting to move to Merseyside, why would he be lacking fitness during a full preseason?

Genuine question, i don't recall if he was injured or anything that precluded him from training like everyone else did from July to mid August.

He wasn't holding out and wasn't expecting to move to Merseyside, why would he be lacking fitness during a full preseason?

Genuine question, i don't recall if he was injured or anything that precluded him from training like everyone else did from July to mid August.
He played at the African Nations Cup and so, effectively, had no pre-season. If we didn't have so many injuries in midfield I don't think he would have played this much footie yet.

desperate bolasie type signing , the most 1 footed player i've seen, and going to take a lot of loans before we finally get him off the wage bill

He's the epitome of the Brands money signing: £30m-ish and bang average.

...I think he’s looked ok so far. Likes to hit the box and scored a couple of goals. Disappointing yesterday, but still centrally involved in our goal and put a magnificent ball through to Sigurdsson that he should’ve done better with.

Digne had a torrid time and Iwobi could’ve done more to help, but he doesn’t play with the white of the sideline on his boots. It’s why I think Silva started Walcott.

Much too early to fully assess. I suppose we can say that Brands moved Lookman and Onyekuru on who never played and has replaced them with one who does. Regardless of what Brands does, you appear to have a fixed opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.