2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Writing off a 23 year old, full international with 4 years prem and European experience after a few games, seriously?
He has three seasons experience at PL level. He's done nothing of note. The idea was to bring him here where he can settle into an outfit with less expectation of success. Basically we're buying the players at our level and not players who can be better than that and drag us through to a higher level.

That's the issue with Iwobi...and Mina...and Bernard...and Kean, so far.

He has three seasons experience at PL level. He's done nothing of note. The idea was to bring him here where he can settle into an outfit with less expectation of success. Basically we're buying the players at our level and not players who can be better than that and drag us through to a higher level.

That's the issue with Iwobi...and Mina...and Bernard...and Kean, so far.
So you're saying there's no chance he'll get better?
Considering his seasons best goal return at arsenal was 3 and he's already got 2 here....

Not getting Zaha was a calamity. He adds punch and makes things happen.

We now just rely on swinging in balls to the box to players, Richarlison aside, ill-equipped to make use of that tactic.

Well, it's up to the manager to adapt to the players we do have,tbf

That's what he's trying to do.

Maybe hand him more than 7 games before calling for his head?

I'm not calling for his head. Not yet. But it won't be long if this doesn't change.

It's not the last three games that are my problem, really. Definitely not yesterday.

It's the fact that it's the same old problems. A lot of which were there before Silva came, but ultimately it is his job to fix these things and the fact it's been a year where, bar our good run at the end of last season, the issues have been present is the worry for me.

We can't afford a malaise. We will get dragged into it if we're not careful, not a relegation scrap, but far enough down not to claw back a place in the top 7 let's put it that way.

One of the issues is we simply don't have the depth in key areas. And like you that's where I blame Brands. That's on him. While it's on Silva to realise he needs to change and be more proactive. His subs are garbage and he's costing us games with them.

That's what he's trying to do.

Maybe hand him more than 7 games before calling for his head?

He’s had 51 Dave and lost 19 of them, he loses next week and that’s 20 in 52, worse than Koeman who had only lost 17 at this point, Martinez who had lost 13 of his first 51 and the same amount as Moyes

I'm not calling for his head. Not yet. But it won't be long if this doesn't change.

It's not the last three games that are my problem, really. Definitely not yesterday.

It's the fact that it's the same old problems. A lot of which were there before Silva came, but ultimately it is his job to fix these things and the fact it's been a year where, bar our good run at the end of last season, the issues have been present is the worry for me.

We can't afford a malaise. We will get dragged into it if we're not careful, not a relegation scrap, but far enough down not to claw back a place in the top 7 let's put it that way.

One of the issues is we simply don't have the depth in key areas. And like you that's where I blame Brands. That's on him. While it's on Silva to realise he needs to change and be more proactive. His subs are garbage and he's costing us games with them.
This is why I always argued that the DoF role was wrong. It n=muddies the water over who is responsible.

it's a dreadful system, and one brought about by Moshiri wanting a glorified head scout who can get him young players off super agents to sell on at a profit.

Brands is a terrible appointment. He's not even a DoF.

He’s had 51 Dave and lost 19 of them, he loses next week and that’s 20 in 52, worse than Koeman who had only lost 17 at this point, Martinez who had lost 13 of his first 51 and the same amount as Moyes

It's not good, but it's understandable.

If Silva hadn't had that last third of last season of form where he had us playing and winning I'd be in your corner. But he's proven he can coach a team, he just needs consistency...oh, and a helping hand from those above not to sell his best players on him and to make decent purchases.

This is why I always argued that the DoF role was wrong. It n=muddies the water over who is responsible.

it's a dreadful system, and one brought about by Moshiri wanting a glorified head scout who can get him young players off super agents to sell on at a profit.

...the DoF is responsible, the DoF is accountable. If he isn’t then he’s not a very good DoF. Nothing should happen without his endorsement, and he shouldn’t endorse if he’s not content.

We shouldn’t pick and chose which deals are his and which are Silva’s, just like we shouldn’t disseminate the Walsh/Koeman transfers. The DoF system seems to be deployed by most clubs these days, I imagine most younger managers are not used to being centrally involved in transfers.

...the DoF is responsible, the DoF is accountable. If he isn’t then he’s not a very good DoF. Nothing should happen without his endorsement, and he shouldn’t endorse if he’s not content.

We shouldn’t pick and chose which deals are his and which are Silva’s, just like we shouldn’t disseminate the Walsh/Koeman transfers. The DoF system seems to be deployed by most clubs these days, I imagine most younger managers are not used to being centrally involved in transfers.
Doesn't matter how used to working with DoF they are, if the DoF is recruiting players he cant blend then that's that.

Silva did not recuit Silva, and therein might lurk the real core of the problem. They dont seem on the same wave length to me.

It doesnt muddy the water.

Every single signing we make is down to Marcel Brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.