Transfer Rumour Zaha with poll

How do you feel about Zaha joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get Zaha I think it would be a statement of intent. Everyone would sit up and take notice including ambitious players. A lot of money and Yes we would get the snipers out all over the country and including some Everton fans making a meal out of a misplaced pass, a failed dribble etc and if he comes up with the goods and has a blinding season he will also not receive the plaudits because 'what do you accept at that price' pessimists. Some people rate him some don't but obviously our management do rate him. IMO if we get him I think he will improve our team immensely and that is enough for me. I would be willing him on and not taking notes of positional sense, quality of pass, number of assists to use against him. He will be an Everton player....the team I love and adore so will support him all I can. If we get him then I would hope we all get behind him rather than trying to score points against fellow Evertonians. He is an exciting player, he is difficult to take the ball off so what is not to like apart from the price which is not his fault..........well it is his fault because he is a very good player.

Players never put requests in these days. Too tight to lose their loyalty bonuses.

Zaha can quite easily make it known he isn’t going to put in 100% if palace keep him.

SSN about half 9 this morning - Crystal Palace have turned down a bid from Everton of £70m plus two players!

Jim White on Talk Sport 11 am this morning - "It is my understanding Everton are going back to Palace with an offer of £60m plus a player!

Clearly no-one has a flippin' clue what's actually going on, apart from I suspect Marcel B!

We spent big in the past and people were right to question it because it was on obvious bang average, limited players. Zaha does not fit into that category.

We have to get him in now; it's a matter of credibility. I know there's shades of the Sigurdsson negotiations here and the feeling we need to walk away, but it's different for me: Zaha has his best years ahead and his resale will be break even. That never applied to Sigurdsson. And Zaha is the one who'd make everything around him come to life.

A sensational player. We need him in. We need to win this struggle whatever it takes.

Think we have the same thought process as Brands and Silva with regards to Zaha. Big money but what a signing he would be.

The other thing to me is the fact it's pretty much inevitable we lose richarlison to one of the elites in a couple of years time for an astronomical sum. Probably over 9 figures.

So it's not like we're spending money we'll never get back.

Are we really going to spend
80m on Zaha
40m on Doucoure
30/40m on a CB
If we go balls deep for the first two then it’s either Tomori or Umtiti on loan
If we go all in for all 3 then the dots have joined up @roydo

Why do people keep mentioning Umtiti on loan?

If there was even half a chance of that surely we'd have him here already.

An unproven youngster (Tomori) or a world cup winner shouldnt really be a debate

Hate to say it but i think Everton will pay the 80 million that Palace want or close to it. Brands will get something out of it being the boss negotiator that he is but they have made it clear that this guy is an important signing for them and have already offered close to 70 mill plus players according to various news reports and Everton dont seem to be denying it any more. I predict this will one will go to the last day and we will pay.

Just hope that if we get him, he makes a huge impact because it is going to be a massive amount of money to risk for one guy.

The other thing to me is the fact it's pretty much inevitable we lose richarlison to one of the elites in a couple of years time for an astronomical sum. Probably over 9 figures.

So it's not like we're spending money we'll never get back.

It has always been the case that we will only get a couple of seasons from our best players before the likes of the big guns take them off our hands. It is now up to Everton to smuggle into the top 6 and stay there for a few seasons to help us keep hold of our better players. Obviously if Barca or Real Madrid show interest then it is basically game over and that applies to all clubs.

We spent big in the past and people were right to question it because it was on obvious bang average, limited players. Zaha does not fit into that category.

We have to get him in now; it's a matter of credibility. I know there's shades of the Sigurdsson negotiations here and the feeling we need to walk away, but it's different for me: Zaha has his best years ahead and his resale will be break even. That never applied to Sigurdsson. And Zaha is the one who'd make everything around him come to life.

A sensational player. We need him in. We need to win this struggle whatever it takes.

I agree with a lot of this - this isn't a Bolasie situation, as Zaha will definitely improve us.

I just don't like the idea of Everton being taken for mugs after making real progress with our reputation in the market the last two summers.

Status
Not open for further replies.