Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
5B6444CF-3DE0-42D1-8F3F-645F7CACB484.jpeg

Oops,

Marco Silva is “hopeful” of signing Kurt Zouma on a permanent deal and says the defender could be one of five more additions to the Everton squad.

The Blues kicked-off their summer business by bringing in goalkeeper Jonas Lossl on a free transfer before Andre Gomes joined in a £22m move from Barcelona.

Zouma is the next prime target and Silva has made no secret of his desire to land the France international. But the Everton manager has once again stressed that the club have lined up alternatives to 24-year-old Zouma.

“I am hopeful,” Silva told the ECHO.

“I think I am hopeful like all of our fans are but I have to tell you that we have different solutions because we cannot just have one solution. I have different solutions in my mind but I am hopeful and if we can give our fans this fantastic feeling it will be key. But, if not, we have to go in a different way but it is part of the market, part of creating a squad.

“After that position we have three or four more to strengthen.”

Silva said turning the loan moves of Zouma and Gomes into permanent switches was vital to his plans for the next season.

Everton are now working hard to bring the Chelsea defender back to Goodison after sealing Gomes' return last month.

“Fantastic, fantastic news for us, I have no doubts about that,” Silva said of Gomes' capture.

“Not just because we sign a fantastic football player but also a fantastic professional, a fantastic lad who really enjoyed last season with us.

"Our fans, they love him, and it is really important we sign players that make our fans really happy because, at the end, this relationship will make a big difference, this connection with the players.

“It was my aim when I finished the season to keep the level and until now we have signed Andre and you know what is in my mind also, and it will be really important if we achieve that and after we have the three or four positions to strengthen our squad also.”

Think it will be a late show again, other than Kurt/his replacement think most will be in August

If it's a late show that's poor. We need a striker in earlier to get to know the team. And signings time to bed in. We never seem to get that and our new players don't kick on for a few months.The club saving money again or Marcel waiting on targets?

If it's a late show that's poor. We need a striker in earlier to get to know the team. And signings time to bed in. We never seem to get that and our new players don't kick on for a few months.The club saving money again or Marcel waiting on targets?

Both?

We can either overpay for only 2 players now or wait and buy 4 at the price we want in 4 weeks.

Both?

We can either overpay for only 2 players now or wait and buy 4 at the price we want in 4 weeks.

This.

As with the Mina deal last year, targets can be identified and contact made early but Marcel needs time to impose his phenomenal will on the selling clubs in order to get us the best deals.

I’d love us to have everyone in early but if it means getting fleeced then I’ll wait.

This.

As with the Mina deal last year, targets can be identified and contact made early but Marcel needs time to impose his phenomenal will on the selling clubs in order to get us the best deals.

I’d love us to have everyone in early but if it means getting fleeced then I’ll wait.
I learnt my lesson when Stevie Walsh was overpaying for everything a few windows ago.

Sure we all wanted the players 2 weeks ago, but players are still playing in tourneys and on holiday, clubs are waiting to replace players, clubs are waiting for other offers.

And I honestly dont think missing pre season is that big a deal anyway. Most new players to the league will take 6 months to adjust whenever they join.

As long as we get them before the window slams shut.

Last time we made early signings we overpaid and didnt win a game all year.

Its really not important.

Yannick Bolasie has just skied his pen over the bar to send Congo out of the AFCON against Madagascar... who have never qualified for the AFCON before this year :)

A real team player is yannick, done it on purpose to come back early to save our pre-season

I learnt my lesson when Stevie Walsh was overpaying for everything a few windows ago.

Sure we all wanted the players 2 weeks ago, but players are still playing in tourneys and on holiday, clubs are waiting to replace players, clubs are waiting for other offers.

And I honestly dont think missing pre season is that big a deal anyway. Most new players to the league will take 6 months to adjust whenever they join.

As long as we get them before the window slams shut.

Last time we made early signings we overpaid and didnt win a game all year.

Its really not important.
If it means waiting till August to get the Calibre of player we bought last season I'll be happy . don't think there will be any panicking brands will keep his nerve

Status
Not open for further replies.