2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just accept that some Evertonians are thick. They will happily clap a picture of Bill Kenwright after years of selling the family silver, they will sing lukakus name after he comes out in the press and tells the media he's not playing well cos we aren't playing to his strengths and we need to show ambition to keep him after he goes on a 12 game barren spell....

But ask them to support a 21 year old kid who has massively impressed Everton coaches and England coaches and gained rave reviews from ex pros who used to be number 9's like Andy Gray and Shearer and it's "Well... he's no good"

Proper fans....

I am properly fuming at some of your points and heartily agreeing with others in the post.

I don't know what to do with it!

That's demonstrably untrue

Not many other 21 year olds could have done the job asked of him by Silva this season

I'm actually at the point now where I want him to leave and smash it at another club. Our fan base deserves it at this stage for the way he's been treated

It'd be a much needed wake up call to give young lads more of a chance I think

What treatment has he had that you feel is bad? I have never heard of any abuse, any booing?

There's 433 pages of people crapping on him in here mate

The match going fans tend to be less tittish about it, but the online contingent have never given him a chance

Touche

Couldn't agree more.

I'd go further..... lads who were garbage at footy and don't have a clue about the game tactically don't rate him.

I am properly fuming at some of your points and heartily agreeing with others in the post.

I don't know what to do with it!

Just accept it..... it's true...

The same fans who clap and applaud a chairman who got us into bed with a multimillionaire loan shark who was dismantling our club - just cos he's a blue are the same fans who will tolerate a lazy disgrace of a player who pimped himself out for a move in all his time here - just cos he scored more goals than James Beattie.

There will always be variances in quality of employees of Everton - but the one thing that should always be a constant is the determination to give everything for the club.

Thats what Klopp has got going over there...... players like Henderson with far less ability than the likes of Schneiderlein- holding his own against more talented players, and fighting tooth and nail for his side

The same fans who clap and applaud a chairman who got us into bed with a multimillionaire loan shark who was dismantling our club - just cos he's a blue are the same fans who will tolerate a lazy disgrace of a player who pimped himself out for a move in all his time here - just cos he scored more goals than James Beattie.

There will always be variances in quality of employees of Everton - but the one thing that should always be a constant is the determination to give everything for the club.

Thats what Klopp has got going over there...... players like Henderson with far less ability than the likes of Schneiderlein- holding his own against more talented players, and fighting tooth and nail for his side

I hate Henderson but to say he’s got far less ability than Schneiderlen is wrong. He’s got better passing, shooting and crossing ability. That’s shown whey he plays slightly further forward for them. You’re right that he’s got more fight than schneiderlen but that goes for around 90% of players in the league. That’s a schneiderlen thing, not a Klopp/Henderson/silva thing.

Ay I watch him and online and like him, it's just he's got a lot of areas to work in, finishing being the absolute main one.

What people always discount is how he contributes to goals, even if he isn't scoring them himself

We have a front three at the end of the day. If the other two are scoring and that's a result of DCL doing his job properly then I don't personally see why he needs to get buckets of goals

If he gets 10 goals in the League next season but helps create a lot of goals for Bernard, Richarlison, Siggurdsson, Gomes, Digne etc by holding up the ball and firing off good passes then I'll be perfectly happy with that. Silva doesn't have him set up as an out and out goal scorer but more of a facilitator for everyone else, and that's the role he played last season

The same fans who clap and applaud a chairman who got us into bed with a multimillionaire loan shark who was dismantling our club - just cos he's a blue are the same fans who will a lazy disgrace of a player who pimped himself out for a move in all his time here - just cos he scored mtolerate ore goals than James Beattie.

Agreed with Lukaku, agree with DCL, didn't agree on Kenwright but oh well!

You are very right about the Henderson example, it helps that their fans get behind them too (even to laughable degrees). Playing with confidence and support is a big thing.

What people always discount is how he contributes to goals, even if he isn't scoring them himself

We have a front three at the end of the day. If the other two are scoring and that's a result of DCL doing his job properly then I don't personally see why he needs to get buckets of goals

If he gets 10 goals in the League next season but helps create a lot of goals for Bernard, Richarlison, Siggurdsson, Gomes, Digne etc by holding up the ball and firing off good passes then I'll be perfectly happy with that. Silva doesn't have him set up as an out and out goal scorer but more of a facilitator for everyone else, and that's the role he played last season

I'm a fan provided he's working under a proven striker.

I do get what you're saying with the 10 goal point but if we are in a tight game and he's put through on goal (like Fulham away) and his sometimes miserable striking technique means we miss, he's going to get pelters.

A lad of his age should be working on his finishing every day. I watched an interview with Salah the other day before the CL final and he was very similar to DCL in that he was often criticised for his lack of finishing ability. Know what he did? He built a full size pitch and nets in his back garden and practiced every day.

Maybe DCL is doing this it's just i'm not aware, fair enough if so. But I go to many games and I watch many games online and it's clear to see he has fundamental deficiencies in the most important part of being a striker - sticking it in the onion bag.

Look at the top 6's strikers:

Aguero
Firmino
Kane / Son
Lacazette / Aubamayang
Higuain / Giroud
Rashford / Lukaku

That's what he's up against by way of a comparison because we all want to be in the top 6. Why are those teams in the top 6 and we aren't? Lots of reasons -one of them is they all have far better fire power than we do.

Because he's a striker - strikers score goals.

And he's not *that* involved like, let's not pretend he's turbo-Giroud. https://understat.com/player/5555

Look at the missed shots. That's not normal - we're creating chances for him, and despite the fact he's surpassing his xG rating, he's still not doing well enough with these chances. Some of those can lead to wins. I think it's basically what people want (or at least what I want) from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.