2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s nowhere near Osman’s level though, which is worrying as Osman was bang average at best.

The only thing Davies has going for him is that he’s young, in my opinion he has regressed massively. A loan would make the most sense, if he doesn’t get that then it’s either down to him;

1. Not wanting to go on loan; which would indicate a poor attitude.
2. Nobody wants him at the level worth loaning (Championship, or foreign league).
Or 3. The club are keeping around as back up for the CMs we have, which is worrying as the team quality level drops when he’s on the pitch.

Davies is ahead of where osman was at 20.

Osman was boss.

But Davies has a lot more in his locker.

Honestly, some of you haven't a clue on what makes a good footballer.

I do, It's easy really. He must be able to perform goal line clearance, followed by dribbling the ball the entire length of the pitch whilst doing a minimum of 5 flip flaps, 36 step overs, 2 roulettes, then stop the ball on the opposition goal line, run back towards our goal at least 47 feet (he must do 2 rainbow flicks on this particular run), turn on a six pence, stop and pretend to do up his shoelaces before banging in a long range effort in with his weak foot. The ball must then ricochet of the cross bar and be bicycle kicked back in the top corner. If the ball does not explode upon contact with his foot on the final shot, he's crap.

Has Davies done that? :coffee:

I do, It's easy really. He must be able to perform goal line clearance, followed by dribbling the ball the entire length of the pitch whilst doing a minimum of 5 flip flaps, 36 step overs, 2 roulettes, then stop the ball on the opposition goal line, run back towards our goal at least 47 feet (he must do 2 rainbow flicks on this particular run), turn on a six pence, stop and pretend to do up his shoelaces before banging in a long range effort in with his weak foot. The ball must then ricochet of the cross bar and be bicycle kicked back in the top corner. If the ball does not explode upon contact with his foot on the final shot, he's crap.

Kaiser, I wouldn’t have that player, fecks about too much!!!

Dont get what's wrong with him signing a new contract.

Guarantee hes not on that much, is young and will improve, homegrown for the league registration and in a high energy team you need high energy players. Besides when he had a little run in the team earlier in the year he was absolutely fine.

Dont get what's wrong with him signing a new contract.

Guarantee hes not on that much, is young and will improve, homegrown for the league registration and in a high energy team you need high energy players. Besides when he had a little run in the team earlier in the year he was absolutely fine.
Agreed. I think he's looked more composed on the ball this season too. He can and hopefully is learning a lot from Gomes that is for sure.

Agreed. I think he's looked more composed on the ball this season too. He can and hopefully is learning a lot from Gomes that is for sure.
Exactly, just look at how much better Keane has looked this year. Ganas the best hes ever been and even Schneiderlin is looking fine. I dont think there is a player who hasn't improved over the course of the season, something which is down to Silva. Davies will be the same.

The lad is 20, hes learning his trade, there will be ups and downs let him at it.

Two years ago, we were creaming ourselves over him. If he has that type of performance level in him and headroom to improve consistently its a no brainer. In five year time he will be 25 and just about to enter his peak.

One of those you think hes been around ages, but he is still only a wain and full pelt he has much to give the club, hes already proved it.

You're absolutely right. We've got to have high standards if we are to win the CL for the next 3 years in a row

Status
Not open for further replies.