2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just remember how I felt at the time mate.

I honestly feared for us.

It was November. We had two very winnable home games to come. Yet we had people claiming we were "doomed" despite being 16th. People panicked. The board panicked. We ended up with Sam and it was the most depressing and soul destroying 6 months of my life supporting Everton. Should never have happened and thank goodness it's over.

It was November. We had two very winnable home games to come. Yet we had people claiming we were "doomed" despite being 16th. People panicked. The board panicked. We ended up with Sam and it was the most depressing and soul destroying 6 months of my life supporting Everton. Should never have happened and thank goodness it's over.

Deep trouble Tim.

Life is peachy with hindsight but we were getting ripped to pieces by the likes of Southampton who’d scored about 3 home goals in a year. You can say we had easy games coming up but if we’d gone into that Anfield derby with Unsworth as manager it would’ve been 10-0 and I’m as deadly serious as I’ve ever been about anything.

Exactly what happened.

Whether you like to admit it or not, we were 2 points off the relegation zone with the worst goal difference in the league.
When he took over though we were 2 points out of 9th. But yeah, that was a truly terrible side. Sam didn’t help however. We were so very lucky to finish 8th. Could’ve easily been 18th.

Doesn’t mean anything, every team had the same points to play for.

So how many teams have ever been relegated after 13 games? We had two thirds of the season remaining, so needed 21 points from a possible 75....even Huddersfield stayed up that season. We were in 13th place after thrashing West Ham when that oaf took the reins. There was a typical knee jerk reaction at Everton, and a bad one at that. We had the lowest shots of any team during his tenure.
Glad you enjoyed the thrill of the ride with Allardyce.

He needs to do his job this summer. Silva cant do this job better than he is now without more quality up front and in midfield.

He better have targets in early and dead wood out.

He needs to do his job this summer. Silva cant do this job better than he is now without more quality up front and in midfield.

I’m sure targets have been identified as has the dead wood.

His job is getting the deals complete which are beneficial to the club.

Did ok last summer considering it was his ands Silva’s first look at the squad big summer coming up.

Well according to a recent QnA targets are identified so I’d expect 3-4 in quickly he will earn his biscuits by how many he can ship off

Status
Not open for further replies.