Do we need a new penalty taker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that we have two of the most successful penalty takers in the premier league of all time, Baines (90%) and Unsworth (84%), its mad we have had as many misses. Surely it's a teachable thing.

Only two players have a better record than Baines those being Le Tissier and Henry

Only four are better than Unsworth. Baines being one of those.

Nah you can’t make someone better at penalties outside of practice. Some people just have a knack for them.

Tosun has a better record than even Baines I think.

Nah you can’t make someone better at penalties outside of practice. Some people just have a knack for them.

Tosun has a better record than even Baines I think.

At least tell them not to pass it to the keeper or try any version of the side foot pass type kick some of them attempt. This lame duck kick some of them try. Without power more often than not they fail.

Baines always powers towards the top corners and Unsworth used to simply power them down the middle or on occasion power them to the right or left.

I do agree some people like Henry and Shearer were very good no matter how they take them.

He's 26 of 32 in his career for club and country. Not sure we have anyone better. Think he'll be fine. Honestly, he hit that one pretty hard and made it a pretty tough save. What can you say, the keeper guessed correctly.

Take out the 4 he’s missed for us and he’s 26 from 28? Everton that

If this was NFL we could make it a specialized position and pay someone 50 million a year for 10 minutes work in a season.

Once again everything's under the microscope when what we really need is an attitude adjustment. Ineffectual, meek and passive...we're too often things I don't associate with an Everton team. Nitpicking rare situations is something you do with a successful team, not one with large-scale issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.