Do we need a new penalty taker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gylfi was great at pens for the Swans and Iceland, but he’s just not hitting them good enough for us. I think he’s scored 4 and missed 4, or something close to it. Not good enough. Digne might be the man to take his place, but I think Tosun is our best pen taker.

Watching the highlights again it looks like DCL wants to take it but Sig tells him no. More than likely he'll keep taking them till he misses again.

Gylfi was great at pens for the Swans and Iceland, but he’s just not hitting them good enough for us. I think he’s scored 4 and missed 4, or something close to it. Not good enough. Digne might be the man to take his place, but I think Tosun is our best pen taker.

Well if we're going to suggest players who can't get into the first XI ....surely Baines would be ahead of Tosun

....Sigurdsson is such a sweet striker of the ball, i’m amazed his record is so poor.

DCL takes them with aplomb for England U23s and is worth a go, but Digne is obvious replacement.
Agree that Digne and DCL are the obvious replacements but I’d also give Kenny a try before quite a few others including Gylfi as still recall his nerveless penalty that won England the U17s Euros.

Given that we have two of the most successful penalty takers in the premier league of all time, Baines (90%) and Unsworth (84%), its mad we have had as many misses. Surely it's a teachable thing.

Only two players have a better record than Baines those being Le Tissier and Henry

Only four are better than Unsworth. Baines being one of those.

Did he not miss a penno in t’ World Cup?

Versus Argentina?

Status
Not open for further replies.