Match Thread Millwall v Everton, FA Cup 4th round, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
...it was just pathetic. 2 goals should’ve been enough but we were defensively awful. I’m reminded of Jagielka talking about Moyes working them hour by hour, day by day on defending set pieces. In the end they knew exactly what to do and rarely conceded in 2 seasons.

I think folk feel we have inept coaches and are resigned that this manifests itself on the pitch. Depressing.
how far can this current coach take us if we cant even defend set pieces and he wont work on putting it right..???

either wont work on it or the work he does do is pointless..

The most damning thing is we had our full strength side out there.

yes when that side was announced @davek said it would be inexcusable for Silva to lose .. he said a draw might just be enough to save him but a loss is totally inexcusable..

he must of had second thoughts after watching the game, as he absolved silva of any wrong doings and totally excused him of any blame.

it must of been the performance that made dave change his mind. the willingness to fight and the desire to win the match at any costs... it outshone our unlucky defeat.

in silva we trust. we'l go with what we got.

Blame can be put at the manager's door for a number of things, but he can't be blamed if highly paid players do stupid things like Digne's crass, purposeless, brainless foul at the corner flag at the end of the 1st half, or as in the case of Gomez and DCL, commit stupid needless push fouls on the half way line that guaranteed long balls launched at our defenders in a gale force wind and rain. Keep possession, keep it on the ground and don't foul unless you have to.

Inappropriate Language
Millwall - Behind Enemy Lines

Been taking an interest in your Forum since the 4th Round draw was made. As usual with all Prem teams most of you just assumed you would turn up and roll over us. Slagging us off as a football club and our fans who according to you are all all talk and no do.

Well how did that work out for you today?

Frankly, to tell you what you probably already know - that was genuinely the easiest game we have had all season. Lookman, Tosun when he came on and Coleman who is honest as the day is long apart - your premier league poseurs have no heart, no fight, and no pride whatsoever in your club badge - they don't care about Everton FC and they dont give a toss about you the fans. £50M players? My god - our entire team cost anout £1.8M in total and I think we overpaid! How can you relate to those charlatans? How can you feel that these totally disconnected mercenaries really represent you and your proud community? Absolutely shameful and even though you may hate us and look down on us - our beloved Millwall are everything we want them to be - the football club, the players who represent our football club and our fiercely loyal and proud fans on the pitch, and our fans. We are real people with a real traditional football club which remains completely in sync and as one with our fans (they know they have to represent us on the pitch and what we expect and demand of them or we get em out very quickly) - and what we are is enough for us and we wouldn't change a thing. We are happy with our club, our manager, our style of play, our passion, our uniqueness, our fans and the honest effort and heart our players put into their game - and we can relate to them coz they are an extension of us. And we are happy we are through to the 5th Round of the FA Cup with the easiest win we have had all season. Your players just take your money and give you nothing back - they don't care about Everton FC.

We knew we would beat you today coz you have not fight and no heart. Must be honest we are a little disappointed as we wanted to come visit you in numbers to say hi for the replay and knock you out in your own manor :) c'est la vie! (or should I say que sera sera!)

I hope the few fans of yours that travelled get back safely. See you again sometime. Millwall K2K bush, bush, bush x

Dirty fkin scummy club. Bunch of racist inbreds [Poor language removed], glad we dont have to play filth like you every week. Stay in liwer leagues where you belong you bunch of animals, nothing club.

Been taking an interest in your Forum since the 4th Round draw was made. As usual with all Prem teams most of you just assumed you would turn up and roll over us. Slagging us off as a football club and our fans who according to you are all all talk and no do.

Frankly, to tell you what you probably already know - that was genuinely the easiest game we have had all season. Lookman, Tosun when he came on and Coleman who is honest as the day is long apart - your premier league poseurs have no heart, no fight, and no pride whatsoever in your club badge - they don't care about Everton FC and they dont give a toss about you the fans. £50M players? My god - our entire team cost anout £1.8M in total and I think we overpaid! How can you relate to those charlatans? How can you feel that these totally disconnected mercenaries really represent you and your proud community? Absolutely shameful and even though you may hate us and look down on us - our beloved Millwall are everything we want them to be - the football club, the players who represent our football club and our fiercely loyal and proud fans on the pitch, and our fans. We are real people with a real traditional football club which remains completely in sync and as one with our fans (they know they have to represent us on the pitch and what we expect and demand of them or we get em out very quickly) - and what we are is enough for us and we wouldn't change a thing. We are happy with our club, our manager, our style of play, our passion, our uniqueness, our fans and the honest effort and heart our players put into their game - and we can relate to them coz they are an extension of us. And we are happy we are through to the 5th Round of the FA Cup with the easiest win we have had all season. Your players just take your money and give you nothing back - they don't care about Everton FC.

We knew we would beat you today coz you have not fight and no heart. Must be honest we are a little disappointed as we wanted to come visit you in numbers to say hi for the replay and knock you out in your own manor :) c'est la vie! (or should I say que sera sera!)

I hope the few fans of yours that travelled get back safely. See you again sometime. Millwall K2K bush, bush, bush x

Thanks for the comment mate. I'm not sure many on here thought we'd just turn up and win. I certainly didn't, we've probably won under 10 away games in 3 years. We don't win away very often.

I think you hit on a lot of points about identity currently. We have gone through managers too quickly, players too quickly (as a net result) and we have lost identity or team spirit that have gone with it. It's clear with Millwall you have a manager who has been part of the fabric of the club and the players play as part of that (and he has been with the club for some time).

It's been painful to watch. We had a lot of this under Moyes, an identity and a set of players who gave their all for the team most weeks (albeit one who bottled the biggest of games).

I think any "hate" is more confusion at the level of anger, hatred and rancidity that emanates from your fan base. You seem to be a bunch of knuckle dragging right wing morons, who hate people from Liverpool as well as people from outside of the country. I'd take any scouser, Muslim, Pakistani, Asian etc over any number of your supporters.

You no what that's hard for us to read but being honest with are selves what this lad has written is the 100% truth we have a gang of spineless crabs playing for us with no balls when the going gets tough .

Two firms that turned up with intent. Your lot getting plenty of respect on the Wall forums. Looked nasty for the fella that got cut. Although why your first thought is to take a selfie is an odd reaction.

Looked like Millwall tried to ambush Everton, tooled up, with the advantage of surprise, and got volleyed down the road. It's funny that Millwall seem to give it large about not running from terrorists. Thank christ they are not our last line of defence against terrorism, as we'd be completely screwed over!

...it was just pathetic. 2 goals should’ve been enough but we were defensively awful. I’m reminded of Jagielka talking about Moyes working them hour by hour, day by day on defending set pieces. In the end they knew exactly what to do and rarely conceded in 2 seasons.

I think folk feel we have inept coaches and are resigned that this manifests itself on the pitch. Depressing.

I can't help but think back to Joe Royle, and him stating the team was too soft. We've been too soft for about 4 years though.

Status
Not open for further replies.