2018/19 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deschamps is awful. They definitely won the World Cup in spite of him. Bringing on Sissoko when chasing a goal is a sackable offence.
He set them up really defensively and hoped other teams would open up and give Mbappe space. Everyone did and they won because of it. I honestly think had Cavani been healthy they may have lost to Uruguay but without Cavani there was no threat. International football is really not a place where well carried out tactical plans happen very often.

Quality lad, always wondered how we would manage to replicate a top end Baines and I think we actually have done it, Deeno is just class.

He set them up really defensively and hoped other teams would open up and give Mbappe space. Everyone did and they won because of it. I honestly think had Cavani been healthy they may have lost to Uruguay but without Cavani there was no threat. International football is really not a place where well carried out tactical plans happen very often.

International football is just a bit of a lottery. The difference between greatness and failure is such fine margins. You look at that game against a very poor Argentinian side and they easily could have gone out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.