Old Everton Pictures

WBAboyes1.jpg

Everton in 1939. Back row, left to right: Jock Thomson, Gordon Watson, Billy Cook,
Ted Sager, Joe Mercer, Norman Greenhalgh, John Jones. Front row: Torry Gillick,
Stan Bentham, Tommy Lawton, Alex Stevenson, Wally Boyes and Jimmy Caskie.

View attachment 50268looking at the old main stand by the directors box have seats been taken out and replaced with media desks?

My Dads uncle worked for the Post Office,the forerunner of BT,their job was to stick all the cables into that media area for the worldwide audience, he took his own cine footage of him with Pele,Garrincha and Eusebio etc, after the finals my dad went around to his house and watched the film, he said it was great!!Don't know what happened to that film reel as his Uncle passed away many years ago, my dads uncle was a red by the waylol

Rodney Marsh must have been a close second.
True, Lee, Marsh and that snipe-nosed 'ker Summerbee were all at it at, it must've been a conscious decision by Allison.
Though tbf, Marsh didnt join until the season after that picture.

I laughed like a drain when it turned out that Allison's seeming 'good signing'...I hesitate to call it a 'masterstroke' though it didn't seem a bad signing in theory at the time...cost them the League.
They were 4 pts ahead, 2pts for a win then, with like 12 to play, but Marsh's arrival totally 'ked up the team dynamic.
They swapped some unappreciated off the ball work for some on the ball fancy dan crowd pleasing.

Never knew that tbh so he was our coach and physio .? How times have changed must be 20 odd people behind the scenes these days maybe more

Yes, the lack of information from the club during the whole of Catterick's illness would be impossible today. It began when he was ill on the way home from Greece prior to the FA Cup semi-final in 1971. He missed that game - Shankly made the most of that when he met our coach arriving at Old Trafford.