Leon Osman

Status
Not open for further replies.
He now gets paid, actual real money from the bbc licence payer, to talk about football as a pundit.

Incredible.

Normally agree with you eggs on most footballing matters, but to me Osman simply represented everything that was wrong with moyes and his culture of defeatism and feeble failure.

...top footballer was Osman, always took the ball on the turn like only good players do. I remember watching a Derby where Gerrard couldn't get close to him, he did the little things of genius that looked simple.

...top footballer was Osman, always took the ball on the turn like only good players do. I remember watching a Derby where Gerrard couldn't get close to him, he did the little things of genius that looked simple.

I think overall he was mismanaged by Moyes and general expectations in the English game. Martinez's first season where he was used centrally he was very good. I also remember he had a run in the middle with Arteta and Peinaar and they were fantastic.

It's a cliche, but had he played in Spain he'd have been viewed as a national treasure. First yard upstairs and all that. In England where you need to run he got exposed.

I think overall he was mismanaged by Moyes and general expectations in the English game. Martinez's first season where he was used centrally he was very good. I also remember he had a run in the middle with Arteta and Peinaar and they were fantastic.

It's a cliche, but had he played in Spain he'd have been viewed as a national treasure. First yard upstairs and all that. In England where you need to run he got exposed.

...he got exposed when a team worked out he needed to be closed down, otherwise I don't think folk realised how good he was. I point to Soton away where they worked out how crucial he was and dumped him as soon as he got the ball. He turned defence into attack with a little shimmy that looked simple but was so difficult. Proper footballer.

Sums it up really. The physicality of the English game was too much for him on many occasion. You could see his cleverness and skills but didn't do him justice in this league that is reliant on strength and speed moreso. Hence his inconsistency. If all games had a slow pace then he would have been in his element but the PL was too much for him. We just didn't or couldn't see enough of what he could have been capable of due to his weakness and slowness for this league.

When is this thread getting moved to the World Football section?

He's not an Everton player anymore and the majority of fans don't care to hear from or about him. Go away.

...I think it's best being closed, the debate will never end. I wouldn't move it to the World Football thread, he's an ex-player. Leon Osman is a marmite footballer, lots dislike him, lots like him. Close thread.

Yeah like against sunderland the little coward, nice that you dreamt about him playing well against gerrard, back in reality however, all he did was kiss his arse beforehand then play crap

Yeah like against sunderland the little coward, nice that you dreamt about him playing well against gerrard, back in reality however, all he did was kiss his arse beforehand then play crap

...it's all been said before, Walken. I'm a fan, I'm a big fan of Osman but I appreciate others differ and nobody is going to change our minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.