2023/24 Sean Dyche

Have you witnessed any repenting from the following cabal of bedwetters/shysters since the final whistle had blown yesterday sir ?

nsno chris
Hinchcliffes Corner
blueboy72
Bicycleheader
Daytripper

In Dyche We Trust.

Many of Lampards cult following never liked Dyche from the get go. Strange how they still yearn for his "style of play" "front foot football" that was absolutely useless 'ere.

Just seen this now as you seemed to have failed to tag me

You are a clown, and obviously have me blocked or you might have read my stance on our current situation and our manager. He's had my support the whole way.

Still waiting for the apology promised from a good while back for making up stuff about me by the way, I'm sure it's on its way as you do seem to be a principled chap

At least your previous profiles had reasons not to apologise for aggressive messages or wall posts, as they all got banned.

Potter took over a very poor Brighton team and in a few years had them playing much better football with not a lot of money and got them 9th with maupay up front. Let’s see if dyche can get us top half next season with maupay up top. Chelsea is Chelsea they sack managers who win the champions league

Brighton have sold loads of players over the last couple of years and has had a lot injuries, because of what de zerbi has done at Brighton they will probably let him try to turn it around next season. Dyche wasnt at that level with us in his bad run

You’ve made mitigating excuses for these managers but none for Dyche. When he came in last season he had a terrible squad, confidence on the floor, already behind the relegation rivals, and DCl was injured. This season we’ve had points deductions, injuries to Coleman Doucoure Gana DCL McNeil and he had to sell most of our attacking players in the summer.

Can’t just say Chelsea is Chelsea. Potter had unbelievable quality in every position there and was awful, absolutely awful, the football was utterly turgid and the results were disastrous. He has the worst win % of any Chelsea manager. It’s one thing going 2 wins in 15 with these Everton players, it’s another doing it with that Chelsea squad.

‘Dyche wasn’t at that level with us in his bad run’ 2 wins in 15 is 2 wins in 15 whichever way you look at it. Could easily say Dyche has us moving forward whilst De Zerbi has taken a far better squad backwards.

Ultimately though you say that stretch of results under Dyche was unacceptable yet are happy to have two managers who have presided over the same results with better teams.

If you win too many games close together it’s a purple patch and apparently doesn’t count. The points also don’t count if certain posters on here don’t enjoy the game.
You two:
1714345690516.png

I think there are some glaring issues with Dyche as a manager and his team choice at times (taking in to account how poor that team has been at time) has left me asking questions. And we've all complained about him making the wrong subs, or a sub too late and bemoaned his inability to play with more than one attacking option at a time.

BUT I think he has still more than earned an opportunity to take the team into another campaign. This season has saw us face far more external challenges than previous seasons have and they inevitably played a huge part in our form. There was a period early this year (well, earlier this month) that I thought there was no way out for us and relegation beckoned. But the way he has managed to galvanise the team, instil some passion and turn us around to where we are now... I'm quite astounded. And it has to be said that despite everything this season HAS seen an improvement in terms of the points earned, even if the table does not quite reflect that as dramatically as it should.

It's not an emphatic endorsement but I think he has earned it.

You’ve made mitigating excuses for these managers but none for Dyche. When he came in last season he had a terrible squad, confidence on the floor, already behind the relegation rivals, and DCl was injured. This season we’ve had points deductions, injuries to Coleman Doucoure Gana DCL McNeil and he had to sell most of our attacking players in the summer.

Can’t just say Chelsea is Chelsea. Potter had unbelievable quality in every position there and was awful, absolutely awful, the football was utterly turgid and the results were disastrous. He has the worst win % of any Chelsea manager. It’s one thing going 2 wins in 15 with these Everton players, it’s another doing it with that Chelsea squad.

‘Dyche wasn’t at that level with us in his bad run’ 2 wins in 15 is 2 wins in 15 whichever way you look at it. Could easily say Dyche has us moving forward whilst De Zerbi has taken a far better squad backwards.

Ultimately though you say that stretch of results under Dyche was unacceptable yet are happy to have two managers who have presided over the same results with better teams.

of all the people we sold only iwobi would have played games and he definitely isn’t a dyche player. And you mention these injuries. Only Coleman of that group has missed a lot of games. Doucoure has played 29 out of 35, gana 22, but he has been fit for quite a few of the other 13 games, but dyche left him on the bench, McNeil 32 out of 35, DCL 30 out of 35. That’s a hell of injury crisis, bar Coleman they’ve all be available for at least 80% of the games. He's had the majority of his best 11 in his head available

And regarding your last bit, potter like I said took over a Chris houghton Brighton playing terrible football and had finished 17th. It wasn’t going to happen over night when you have £25 mil to spend each season on average for potter, and this Everton squad was a lot better than the squad he inherited, there was always going to be tricky spells, but he got them playing much better football over night and eventually they got 9th with maupay, Danny welbeck and Glen Murray as their strike force. De zerbi in his 2 seasons is 170mil in profit on transfers. Again people will make excuses for dyche because he’s had to sell and didn’t have much money at Burnley. Brighton have lost 6/7 of their best players of the last 2 years and had a lot injuries. Mitoma who was fantastic for them early this season has missed 16 games, that’s a bit more than our crock McNeil who’s missed 3 🤣🤣 solly march who’s also been a big player from them had played 7 games this season. He’s done a great job to have them on the coattails of chasing pack for Europe. Both are much better managers than dyche and play much better football

If we have to become more like Brighton ie buy cheap and sell dear in order to develop over time.We have to have a pathway for young players to get experience.Is Dyche likely to play them and if not will we not end up in the same situation as before?

Bloody keep him all day were we playing like Brazil before he came na..we are a mess of a club and this fella got us safe 3 games to go no stress for us last game job done. This pantomime is gonna carry on ,we need him to steady the ship..
Whether he manages us BMD I'm not so sure, but he deserves another season. It's imperative that our first game in our new ground is as a Premier League side and I trust him to make sure we will be. It's not worth the risk appointing a new manager for next season.

of all the people we sold only iwobi would have played games and he definitely isn’t a dyche player. And you mention these injuries. Only Coleman of that group has missed a lot of games. Doucoure has played 29 out of 35, gana 22, but he has been fit for quite a few of the other 13 games, but dyche left him on the bench, McNeil 32 out of 35, DCL 30 out of 35. That’s a hell of injury crisis, bar Coleman they’ve all be available for at least 80% of the games. He's had the majority of his best 11 in his head available

And regarding your last bit, potter like I said took over a Chris houghton Brighton playing terrible football and had finished 17th. It wasn’t going to happen over night when you have £25 mil to spend each season on average for potter, and this Everton squad was a lot better than the squad he inherited, there was always going to be tricky spells, but he got them playing much better football over night and eventually they got 9th with maupay, Danny welbeck and Glen Murray as their strike force. De zerbi in his 2 seasons is 170mil in profit on transfers. Again people will make excuses for dyche because he’s had to sell and didn’t have much money at Burnley. Brighton have lost 6/7 of their best players of the last 2 years and had a lot injuries. Mitoma who was fantastic for them early this season has missed 16 games, that’s a bit more than our crock McNeil who’s missed 3 🤣🤣 solly march who’s also been a big player from them had played 7 games this season. He’s done a great job to have them on the coattails of chasing pack for Europe. Both are much better managers than dyche and play much better football
I think you raise some good points on Dyche, the winless streak was a huge problem.

I would quibble on your take that the side was better than last year or previous years or even Brighton post Hougton (at best it's probably a push).

I have really oscillated between extend, let's see him see out the contract and get rid. I think now he has kept us up in spite of some massive roadblocks he probably has earnt the right to see out the contract.

Its not a high bar granted but he has earned 44 points this year, that is more than our previous two managers (who you would argue tried to play the football you are wanting) and even that winless streak had some pretty mitigating circumstances. This season was always going to be about graft, even before the penalties.

I do not think he is a long-term solution, but he does deserve some credit.

Re: It is a fact that at present Brighton have a far superior squad on paper and have earned the same amount of points and regardless of your objections Potter's performance relative to the resources he had at Chelsea must be taken into account.

I guess for me it is a case of he's done as good a job as we could have expected although the method and the journey has been fairly ugly. At this point if we can get the off field stuff sorted plus somehow bring some reinforcements into the squad then we can debate a new manager but anybody taking on the job would be in for a rough time with the club at present.