2023/24 Sean Dyche

The grim reality, for me at least - is his results (should) have us 14th and safe with 7/8 games to go.

That's as good as I think anyone is going to deliver with this squad.

Would I take us being sat on 35 points after 32 games next season? No doubt.

I'd love to believe get over the line and bring in a progressive manager who'd immediately see us kick on but I can't see it because I have such a dim view of this squad.

People moan he plays his favourites, but Doucoure, McNeil etc - there's nobody else who can realistically come in.

Harrison went through a really poor run and all we had to switch it was Ashley Young.

Calvert-Lewin's spell was what it was - hopefully now everyone can see why he was so reluctant to play Beto.

Patterson hasn't shown he's up to it at all, and when margins are so slim I understand the Godfrey/Coleman picks.

The last 3 years results don't lie, this team is desperately poor and relegation fodder.

Clearly, the right manager can make a big difference, but you can't polish a turd. I'm not sure any manager we would attract would have this team deliver results that has us any higher than where Dyche should have us.

We're crap. No pace or ability/goals in the final third.

The last two results have shown two extremes - negative football to the extreme vs Burnley, and open/high line at Chelsea. I know which style this team should be playing.

We dig deep, it's not pretty because we dont have the players with pace or ball progression to carry the ball, or ability in the final third to make the difference. Protect the point, hope to nick a win. That should get us over the line to avoid doing a Sunderland. Or Leeds.

The worry is, and as I've been boring people with since before Christmas is our run is has 'winnable' home games - kryptonite in front of an antsy Goodison. Fans who think we're better than we are. We always bottle that expected pressure - Goodison wont entertain us digging in deep against Sheffield United and our players visibly fade.

The grim reality, for me at least - is his results (should) have us 14th and safe with 7/8 games to go.

I'd love to believe get over the line and bring in a progressive manager who'd immediately see us kick on but I can't see it because I have such a dim view of this squad.

People moan he plays his favourites, but Doucoure, McNeil etc - there's nobody else who can realistically come in.

Harrison went through a really poor run and all we had to switch it was Ashley Young.

Calvert-Lewin's spell was what it was - hopefully now everyone can see why he was so reluctant to play Beto.

Patterson hasn't shown he's up to it at all, and when margins are so slim I understand the Godfrey/Coleman picks.

The last 3 years results don't lie, this team is desperately poor and relegation fodder.

Clearly, the right manager can make a big difference, but you can't polish a turd. I'm not sure any manager we would attract would have this team deliver results that has us any higher than where Dyche should have us.

The last two results have shown two extremes - negative football to the extreme vs Burnley, and open/high line at Chelsea. I know which style this team should be playing.

We dig deep, it's not pretty because we dont have the players with pace or ball progression to carry the ball, or ability in the final third to make the difference. Protect the point, hope to nick a win. That should get us over the line to avoid doing a Sunderland. Or Leeds.

The worry is, and as I've been boring people with since before Christmas is our run is has 'winnable' home games - kryptonite in front of an antsy Goodison. Fans who think we're better than we are. We always bottle that expected pressure - Goodison wont entertain us digging in deep against Sheffield United and our players visibly fade.

LAD IM NOT READING ALL THAT

Why oh why did he do that against chelsea?,! Maybe he thought he could surprise them I guess

I mean, just look at this.

vschelsea.jpg

Away at Chelsea and that's our high press. From goalkicks.

Idiotic.

100% ;)

that’s poor coaching

It's worse than that.

It's a complete failure to grasp your own team.

It was Frank Lampard away at Spurs when he did the same and we got tonked 5-0. I said at the time it was unforgivable. Last night was even worse because at least Lampard had some legs in Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin, Gordon.

I've speculated why Dyche decided to change it last night - like Beto being unable to control a football but none of it washes. A complete balls up.

I would still rather be relegated and watch an Everton team try and play actual football than endure another season of Sean Dyche faking it in the Premier League.

You fail to grasp what that would mean to Everton.

Think Sunderland.

Or Leeds, who many forget have spent as long in League One as the Prem the past 2 decades.

It's all about trying to stay in this league until we're at Bramley Moore and with stable ownership.