777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This and i think its ok to take pride in owning our own home and being masters of how its used as an asset. If we needed a loan in the future what are we using as security - god knows we have mortgaged everything at Goodison.

However - the key thing is the revenue, we're giving away 100 years of potential revenue streams - regardless of what match day terms we come to.
The thing is mate if 5 years ago the plan was for a 3rd party to fund and build BMD then lease it back to us although still being dubious about it I could have seen the possible benefits and supported it. I was baffled by how we could afford to do this on our own.
That's not what happened though, it's been taken on in its entirty by EFC at the detriment of everything else and left us with unimaginable toxic debt and a very poor rudderless squad. We are forced to sell our best talent and fell foul of FFP because of it too. After all this to think we may still have to lease it from a 3rd party is sickening. Nothing more nothing less. It is mis management of an incredible scale.

The thing is mate if 5 years ago the plan was for a 3rd party to fund and build BMD then lease it back to us although still being dubious about it I could have seen the possible benefits and supported it. I was baffled by how we could afford to do this on our own.
That's not what happened though, it's been taken on in its entirty by EFC at the detriment of everything else and left us with unimaginable toxic debt and a very poor rudderless squad. We are forced to sell our best talent and fell foul of FFP because of it too. After all this to think we may still have to lease it from a 3rd party is sickening. Nothing more nothing less. It is mis management of an incredible scale.

Great post mate, 100%

Ok so as I (barely) understand it:

MSP tried to buy a stake in the club which RMF vetoed.

Then 777 come on the scene and are immediately recognised by literally everyone except the Premier League as dodgy.

777 and the PL have then fumbled their way along the "fit and proper" test route with more dodgy loans, shady financials and murky details at best.

All the way through to the present month, which just so happens to be the deadline for repaying MSP's original loan - failure to do so will result in MSP gaining a majority share in the club and becoming basically the new owners.

777 can't pay that debt (or so it seems) and have asked for an extension and it's up to MSP to decide how they want it to play out from here.

Here's my theory (which may or may not already be discussed earlier in the thread - I don't have time to read through all the pages):

This was all a part of MSP's plan to gain the majority of shares at a major discount. They'll "forgive" 777 debts (which 777 was never supposed to pay back anyway) and assume 50%+1 of the shares as a result of last years loan conditions.

MSP and 777 are in cahoots, as 777 need cash to fund their other interests and MSP wanted Everton + Stadium for much less than it's worth, freeing up money to invest in the stadium and team.

Question - if 777 fail to pay and MSP become majority shareholders, does this bypass the "fit + proper" ownership conditions as they have basically just taken control of an asset they were legally obligated to own as a result of the loan conditions?

I'll take my tinfoil hat off for a second so someone more knowledgeable than I can tell me exactly why I'm talking nonsense.

Ok so as I (barely) understand it:

MSP tried to buy a stake in the club which RMF vetoed.

Then 777 come on the scene and are immediately recognised by literally everyone except the Premier League as dodgy.

777 and the PL have then fumbled their way along the "fit and proper" test route with more dodgy loans, shady financials and murky details at best.

All the way through to the present month, which just so happens to be the deadline for repaying MSP's original loan - failure to do so will result in MSP gaining a majority share in the club and becoming basically the new owners.

777 can't pay that debt (or so it seems) and have asked for an extension and it's up to MSP to decide how they want it to play out from here.

Here's my theory (which may or may not already be discussed earlier in the thread - I don't have time to read through all the pages):

This was all a part of MSP's plan to gain the majority of shares at a major discount. They'll "forgive" 777 debts (which 777 was never supposed to pay back anyway) and assume 50%+1 of the shares as a result of last years loan conditions.

MSP and 777 are in cahoots, as 777 need cash to fund their other interests and MSP wanted Everton + Stadium for much less than it's worth, freeing up money to invest in the stadium and team.

Question - if 777 fail to pay and MSP become majority shareholders, does this bypass the "fit + proper" ownership conditions as they have basically just taken control of an asset they were legally obligated to own as a result of the loan conditions?

I'll take my tinfoil hat off for a second so someone more knowledgeable than I can tell me exactly why I'm talking nonsense.
I think it all depends on if Moshiri remains the major shareholder.

I think it all depends on if Moshiri remains the major shareholder.

Would he though if MSP own 50%+1?
He's then free to sell the rest of his shares to the next highest bidder knowing there's no PL test to become the 2nd biggest shareholder.
And the club's value would increase if MSP can right the ship and fund the stadium so he might get more for half his shares than MSP paid for the 50%+1.