777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A few on here including myself voiced the fear years ago that the scenario may arise where we never own BMD and have to lease it back, now it's being talked about openly with nobody denying it could well now be the case. What a disaster.

So where are we actually at? Who has the biggest stake in BMD at this moment? Is it Moshiri/Usmanov, is it MSP, is it 777 or is it the behind the scenes loan sharks? I've no idea and just can't grasp it all now.

These are 3 seperate entities with a stake in it, how does it resolve itself now, especially with Moshiri's goal of just getting 500m back from his losses, how can one firm ever own it?
To me it would not surprise me now if this long awaited "secret investor" shows his hand and gives Moshiri an acceptable amount for the EFC name and goodison park......therefore leaving the lenders with a part built stadium with nobody to rent it to. It'd be a smart move by the "secret investor", he'd only have to bide his time until he acquired it at a knock down.

EFC have the largest stake in BMD, it is a wholly owned subsidiary of the club. That has not changed. Because of that, your highlighted text isn't possible without administration, which would be much worse.

We will know more about MSP's involvement by early next week. If they exercise their option to buy, that means 777 is effectively out as a majority shareholder of the club. If they allow more time for the loan to be paid, then there's a greater likelihood that 777 will take use over.

The sale-leaseback is all about the terms. These assets are not liquid, and the club will always need liquidity. It's not something to dismiss out of hand: yes it could be bad but it could also unlock more revenue than we have now without a 750 million (or whatever) albatross hanging around our necks.

Our steadfast belief in owning the stadium outright is a large reason why we are where we have been for two decades.

With 3 different "firms" with fingers in the pie and each with different agendas it's pretty hard to see an outcome.
Investors waiting in the wings will already have clocked EFC and EFC stadium are listed as seperate companies at companies house, nobody will pay for them both im quite certain.

No ones investing or coming forward this side of May either mate. ;)

TBH always assumed something would happen whereby we don't reap the benefits of the stadium, this is Everton after all, a multi million pound organisation run by clowns for decades.

So we might very well end up with a great ground, but it won't end up helping us become more financially stable and will essentially have been a gigantic waste of time that ends up a huge anchor around our necks for the next century.

EFC have the largest stake in BMD, it is a wholly owned subsidiary of the club. That has not changed. Because of that, your highlighted text isn't possible without administration, which would be much worse.

We will know more about MSP's involvement by early next week. If they exercise their option to buy, that means 777 is effectively out as a majority shareholder of the club. If they allow more time for the loan to be paid, then there's a greater likelihood that 777 will take use over.

The sale-leaseback is all about the terms. These assets are not liquid, and the club will always need liquidity. It's not something to dismiss out of hand: yes it could be bad but it could also unlock more revenue than we have now without a 750 million (or whatever) albatross hanging around our necks.

Our steadfast belief in owning the stadium outright is a large reason why we are where we have been for two decades.
Who are EFC though mate? And who's money is it in the stadium? This is the bit I just can't grasp...maybe I'm being dumb though.

My point is Moshiri just wants out with a slice of his investment back. If an investor came out of the woodwork and said I value EFC (the club) and Goodison at 400m take it or leave it what would happen? It's so messed up there has to be a massive turnaround of events to bring things back on even keel.

Our steadfast belief in owning the stadium outright is a large reason why we are where at

The MSP situation could be a game changer.

Its a nice way of saying you lost your gaff because you couldn't pay your credit credit card.

Who are EFC though mate? And who's money is it in the stadium? This is the bit I just can't grasp...maybe I'm being dumb though.

My point is Moshiri just wants out with a slice of his investment back. If an investor came out of the woodwork and said I value EFC (the club) and Goodison at 400m take it or leave it what would happen? It's so messed up there has to be a massive turnaround of events to bring things back on even keel.

Moshiri is still EFC, absence or not. Blythe/MSP have loaned the stadium development company money, but they don't own the stadium. EFC/Moshiri does.

I'm basing this on reports, but MSP holds all the cards at the moment. Moshiri, unless he can pay MSP back by Monday, and 777 (who can't pay them back) are just passengers now.

Its a nice way of saying you lost your gaff because you couldn't pay your credit credit card.

The stadium? I think the options are: should we spend 500 million on the stadium, or spend it on the club? We've decided on the stadium (for the moment). Do we buy our house (which is essentially unfinanced at the moment) or rent?

Some of this could change if the PSR rules are changed, but it's not a black and white issue.

Moshiri is still EFC, absence or not. Blythe/MSP have loaned the stadium development company money, but they don't own the stadium. EFC/Moshiri does.

I'm basing this on reports, but MSP holds all the cards at the moment. Moshiri, unless he can pay MSP back by Monday, and 777 (who can't pay them back) are just passengers now.
Thanks mate, and that is kind of exactly what I'm thinking. My point was whilst Moshiri is still in charge and a new investor offered him acceptable money for EFC and Goodison it may be in his intersests to snatch it, pay back MSP and recoup a few bob for him and his mate. Leaving others with the problem of BMD. If i were a wealthy investor I'd certainly be examining that route, with an eye on nicking BMD in the future.

Would it mean they owned 51% of everything if the default clause was triggered for 150m? If so is it a good deal for them or has that 150m just bought them 200m of debt? So much borrowing and toxic debt I'd love to know the exact state of play.

Not entirely sure. But initially they were in for £150mill and 25% stake. R&M fund knocked that on the head so that investment went solely towards the stadium. Debt was always there due to the stadium anyway...so I don't think that would put them off.

If they're still interested like they were initially...they've played the long game and got more of a stake in the club for less money