6 + 2 Point Deductions

Why would the PL want Everton relegated?

The longest serving club in nearly a 150 years which sells out every match, has built a futuristic new stadium and potentially keep
Luton - no disrespect - a club with meagre facilities in the League.
I don't really think it's a vendetta against Everton, more that we are a suitable target. The right sized club who have messed up enough to justify getting hammered, the fact that the prem have handled it appallingly probably is more down to incompetence that being personal

The likes of Barrett-Baxendale and Ingles should be sued by the club for dereliction of duty or something similar - for an amount equal to what they received as their payoffs plus any money lost out in prize money / caused by relegation.

Just watching other stuff on it and hearing people say they feel sorry for luton. Not the fact us fans again have seen us charged -8 giving them aravantage to stay up. Then complain that they the 3 rd charge wont be done till next season, just hope we can stay up and screw the rest of this league is just pathetic
I have also hated reading people who keep writing ‘I really hope Luton stay up, they deserve it!’

They don’t deserve it, they’re absolute crap and the only reason they have a chance is because we’ve been hammered with -8 and Forest -4 deductions. None of this is ‘not fair’ on Luton, the whole crooked situation is the only reason they have any chance of survival unless Brentford or Palace completely implode or Luton actually for the first time this season go on a run of results worthy of staying up.

Finishing above points deducted teams doesn’t mean you deserve anything, finishing below them means you definitely don’t deserve a thing.

I don't really think it's a vendetta against Everton, more that we are a suitable target. The right sized club who have messed up enough to justify getting hammered, the fact that the prem have handled it appallingly probably is more down to incompetence that being personal
I wonder if it is because the prem obviously have not had their act together on this and in reality the 6 points deduction is from the 2021/2022 season and would have seen us relegated and Burnley stay up, the 2 point deduction from 2022/2023 which would have seen us relegated and Leicester stay up, but they didn’t take action then and are giving us all 3 seasons worth at one time. Perhaps they really are trying to get us relegated because they missed the last 2 opportunities through their own incompetence.

Burnley and Leicester should be suing the Prem!

I wonder if it is because the prem obviously have not had their act together on this and in reality the 6 points deduction is from the 2021/2022 season and would have seen us relegated and Burnley stay up, the 2 point deduction from 2022/2023 which would have seen us relegated and Leicester stay up, but they didn’t take action then and are giving us all 3 seasons worth at one time. Perhaps they really are trying to get us relegated because they missed the last 2 opportunities through their own incompetence.

All this highlights is how poor the league is in terms of not having the punishment side of the P&S rules clearly defined.

Leicester and Burnley should sue them. Everton and Forest should sue them if either of us are relegated and Everton fans should sue them as well. Despite the absolute shambles our club is the PL have left themselves wide open on this.

How could the first deduction be applied in 21/22 if the accounting period hadn't finished yet?

One positive if we do stay up is that it seems Leicester are starting next season with a points deduction and also under severe pressure to sell and thus weaken their squad this summer. Ought to hopefully take away one of the relegation spots.

Need to stay up first though. 9 points does it. We've got the games for that.

You’re probably right and I’m basing this on very little, but I think they felt like absolute mugs that they could never formally tie us to or take action against us for Usmanov. I think all of that going tits up has given them the perfect opportunity to be petty.

I have also hated reading people who keep writing ‘I really hope Luton stay up, they deserve it!’

They don’t deserve it, they’re absolute crap and the only reason they have a chance is because we’ve been hammered with -8 and Forest -4 deductions. None of this is ‘not fair’ on Luton, the whole crooked situation is the only reason they have any chance of survival unless Brentford or Palace completely implode or Luton actually for the first time this season go on a run of results worthy of staying up.

Finishing above points deducted teams doesn’t mean you deserve anything, finishing below them means you definitely don’t deserve a thing.
The current bottom 3 are 3 of the worst teams to ever play in the league, Real Luton are very lucky to still have a chance of staying up.

I think there is an element of incompetence at play too, the PL arguing that we should have anticipated Russian aggression and not had so much sponsorship that was Russian linked proves the incompetence, but you are right about us being the right sized club to hammer, big enough to make headlines for a few days but not big enough for the media to keep it going for weeks or months..

Leicester should be suing nobody. Burnley's auditors have just issued a warning about their finances. Both of those clubs are massive hypocrites, bleating about us while throwing stones in very fragile glasshouses.