2023/24 Andre Gomes

Lead boots, running in treacle, carrying a hippo. Besides a chronic lack of mobility that'd make a sloth blush, looked to make the ball work against sort of tired legs of a side with lots of injuries. Fighting sides will run him down like the roadrunner.
Yeah this is his problem, but he has to start as the 10 on Saturday, need pace on the wings desperately as well though hope Danjuma is available

Not sure this the game for him. Burnley want to dominate possession, that plays right into Dyche's strengths and Gomes' weaknesses.

If you're going to play him, it's against a team like Bournemouth who were more than happy for us to have the ball as we can't do anything with it.

Moves like a glacier but actually passes the ball in front of his man, worth a start against oppo we have to beat for creativity?

Mate it infuriates me that none of our players have the balls to play a pass two yards in front of their target … drives me nuts and is a massive reason we struggle to get up the pitch

Doesn't help that when the do our full backs fill their kecks and look backwards as quickly as possible
We look like we are attacking when playing backwards don’t we?

What I mean is , it’s still panicked and it looks like they are trying to find a pass like when other teams attack , but we are going backward to Pickford , then punt to gk , lose possession and rinse and repeat

Doesn't help that when the do our full backs fill their kecks and look backwards as quickly as possible
We look like we are attacking when playing backwards don’t we?

What I mean is , it’s still panicked and it looks like they are trying to find a pass like when other teams attack , but we are going backward to Pickford , then punt to gk , lose possession and rinse and rep

Crowd desperately need something to feed off, some pace and urgency is needed, even Patterson at RB, Danjuma LW - for god sake its burnley weve beaten them twice already this season
The longer players are out the team, the harder it is to remember how average they are

Mate it infuriates me that none of our players have the balls to play a pass two yards in front of their target … drives me nuts and is a massive reason we struggle to get up the pitch
Have you seen our pace. When you have no pace you demand it to feet.