6 + 2 Point Deductions

The league are not even abiding by the arbitrary rules that they made up on the spot and we aren’t willing to push it further. I have to say I respect Leicester more than I respect our stupid club right now. I hope they tear the league a new one.
Legal cases like this can be costly and we are skint and rudderless so Id guess that's the answer.

Legal cases like this can be costly and we are skint and rudderless so Id guess that's the answer.
It’s obviously the answer. Moshiri is out the door and I bet the league threatened to make the takeover more difficult if we didn’t comply. Doesn’t make me respect the clownshow going on at our club any less. We were screwed the second Moshiri was left to fend for himself without Usi writing the check.

This is all, I hope, gonna escalate now and hopefully bring this and PL/Masters to an end IMO.

We should have taken the lead in taking legal action, in my opinion, but as we are rudderless.

What sickens me is the absolute lack of any support for us from the media etc apart from a mild frenzy in first few days, which subsided quickly. Made to look and feel like "villains" and have suffered reputation damage, further on field issues, scapegoated and vilified by other thick fans.

Yet here we are perhaps on the precipice of a spectacular fall from grace for PL and Masters, when this house of cards falls, accelerated by essentially no mark clubs while we would have been left to flounder.

It may need few more clubs now to face charges/sanctions to end the PL in its current format, there must be a few others close to the wind!

Let it burn.

Great Post but you let yourself down talking about "no mark clubs". Given the state of us on and off the pitch that statement sounds ridiculous and misguided

Christ, where's Matlock when you need him?

p7892538_i_v8_aa.jpg

He never lost a case in nine seasons!

He's tear the PL a new one and have it sorted in a week.

Go on Leicester.

LCFC has been compelled today to issue two urgent legal proceedings against the Premier League and the EFL. LCFC will be seeking that each of these proceedings is determined by an appropriate and fully independent legal panel.
The Club is committed to ensure that any charges against it are properly and proportionately determined, in accordance with the applicable rules, by the right bodies, and at the right time.
While LCFC would prefer the proceedings to be in public, so its supporters and the wider world can be informed about the important issues of football governance that will be considered, the relevant rules require that these proceedings are conducted confidentially, and LCFC will therefore not be able to comment further about them at this stage.
We reaffirm the Club’s position that we will continue to fight for the right of Leicester City and all clubs to pursue their ambitions, particularly where these have been reasonably and fairly established through sustained sporting achievement.
The Club further notes that at 4pm today the EFL issued a public notification that LCFC has been placed under a registration embargo pursuant to its P&S rules. The EFL is aware that LCFC has disputed the EFL’s entitlement to impose this constraint, which is both restrictive and premature, with more than a quarter of the Club’s 2023/24 reporting period remaining.

Looks like the Forest KC (and one of the leading sports law lawyers in the world) Nick De Marco is taking on the Leicester case. I reckon thats also partly down to Forests statement about the league being anti competitive and having no sporting integrity.

Hopefully they win it and both us and Forest get points back.

So Leicester have been charged for a breach of PSR by the EFL and PL.

In turn Leicester have started legal proceedings against the PL and EFL. They want this heard by an independent legal commission.

So am I right in thinking their PSR case will be heard by a PL independent Commission and their legal proceedings heard by an independent legal panel…..

How does an independent legal panel work in the U.K., is it like a court and thus does it have priority, jurisdiction and power beyond PL rules?