New Everton Stadium Discussion

Theoretically the season ticket holder sitting next to me who has had his ST for twelve months asks if he can link his ST to mine (25 years) so that he doesn’t have to wait until the end for a less favourable seat and you would be happy if I let him?

There will never be a good way for everybody that is why they are doing first come first served.

This is something I thought could happen. At the end of the day there is no perfect solution, everything is open to abuse or disappointing a section of fans.

Most definitely.
Probably how most of us arl arses got in as a youngster.
That and your dad slipping the lad on the gate a fiver to not see you lol
Under, Over, even through those turnstiles in our day! Know my old man defo slipped a few to the guy on the gate, even recall the old pound notes being involved lol

Attendances was always the funny bit, rammed and squashed to an inch of your life

"Todays attendance is 25,000!"

LOLS

Under, Over, even through those turnstiles in our day! Know my old man defo slipped a few to the guy on the gate, even recall the old pound notes being involved lol

Attendances was always the funny bit, rammed and squashed to an inch of your life

"Todays attendance is 25,000!"

LOLS
The collective roar of laughter from around the ground as it was announced shall always be remembered fondly 🤣

Will the bars be open after the game and if so to what time till?
I don't think there has been any information about that. I'm guessing for a 3pm Saturday kick off you'll be able to stay behind and watch the 5.30pm ie 2 or so hours? But that is total guess work on my behalf. One thing is certain, they will want to sweat the asset and will try and make money from that stadium as much as possible. Won't pay for itself.

Theoretically the season ticket holder sitting next to me who has had his ST for twelve months asks if he can link his ST to mine (25 years) so that he doesn’t have to wait until the end for a less favourable seat and you would be happy if I let him?

There will never be a good way for everybody that is why they are doing first come first served.
They could limit it to people who have been on your friends and family list for a certain length of time, which should be easy to validate and stop any gaming of the system.

If he’s your mate and you want to sit with him, then yeah I think that’s fair. You’re helping him out with your years worth of sitting.

If you’re just saying the random person next to you then you’re not getting the point I’m making.

If I wanted to sit with someone I know who’s had theirs less than me, but the new ground is a chance to do that, I’d drop down the pecking order and I could imagine a lot of people would too.

I thought most people were advocating averaging out the "group" tenure. So in that system, the question would actually be... are you happy to halve your tenure ((25+1)/2=13) to allow him to link to you?

If it's important to you that you sit together then you would surely consider it and be prepared to drop down the list. Otherwise the only person who's gaining is him. It's not perfect but it at least provides a more palatable option for those with long tenures currently sitting with those with lesser tenure 🤷‍♂️.

The way I see it, that mitigates the impact, particularly for those with sons/daughters with shorter STH tenure whilst limiting the opportunity for gaming the system, as for somebody to gain somebody else has to make a sacrifice.

Unless I'm missing something 🤷‍♂️