2023/24 Sean Dyche

if Dyche can address this lacklustre mentality once again, we will see a completely different team. Chances will naturally increase and teams won’t be able to hurt us the way they are doing now.

It’s really a simple fix, but I’m not sure if the players are believing in such approach anymore. Their pressing and desire to win the ball back is abysmal at best.

I’m not sure who is to blame, Dyche or the players.
The choice is simple...

Stick with Dyche and go down.

Or

Change manager and hope for a manager bounce to keep us up.

As to who, that all depends on what type of coach Thelwell wants to work with and what type of style he sees he is implementing at the club, but for me it has to be someone with an attacking & high press mentality or a proven winner not the dogs dregs like Benitez, Lampard or Dyche.

The choice is simple...

Stick with Dyche and go down.

Or

Change manager and hope for a manager bounce to keep us up.

As to who, that all depends on what type of coach Thelwell wants to work with and what type of style he sees he is implementing at the club, but for me it has to be someone with an attacking & high press mentality or a proven winner not the dogs dregs like Benitez, Lampard or Dyche.
I agree btw but

Nobody at the club to sack him he’s in the safest job ever

Serious question.. Who is in a position to sack him? I have no idea who is making the decisions above him now
Thelwell with the approval of Moshiri... it can happen, those thinking it can`t don`t have basic business understanding.

It needs to happen, Dyche has gone in to a zombie state that the Burnley fans levelled at him the season he took them down, the same is happening again.

Well, we lost the first game to Man United after the deduction, but then went on a run, but as far as I remember we beat Brentford, West Ham and Palace before the deduction, drew Brighton and lost vs Liverpool. The run in 2024 is really bad tho.
Since Christmas we have lost to Man City, spurs away, wolves away, united away, and West Ham.
Realistically West Ham is probably the game you would have hoped for three points and that was two injury time goals.
win have drawn 6 games too. Including a ridiculous injury time equaliser for Brighton.
I don’t think we are far off and the bad run involved some difficult games.
The run in has some tricky games against RS, Newcastle arsenal and chelsea, but also includes Burnley, Brentford, forest, sheff united at home, and Luton away. I would hope come the end of the season we will see this as a blip against a difficult run, and be well clear of trouble.

Apparently warnock has just stepped down at Aberdeen so could be a good idea of a replacement to get a spark out of these players before the end of the season