2023/24 Sean Dyche

Credit to Dyche. I presume he's took a look in the mirror as have the players, some home truths perhaps.

Is it enough to take us in to next season? I saw in one of the last comments "he's surely earned the right to manage us in the long term". Seriously? How bad have we been this season?

He's earned the right to finish the season.

I think I've enjoyed the break this season from caring how we set up, what team we pick and how we play

It's been much easier focusing on getting to safety, and I felt weirdly confident of that for a long time with just a bit of a wobble with the battering by Chelsea

Another season of totting up the necessary points any which way we can, is fine by me.

(I don't have to go to the games each week tho, I do realise that)

I think I've enjoyed the break this season from caring how we set up, what team we pick and how we play

It's been much easier focusing on getting to safety, and I felt weirdly confident of that for a long time with just a bit of a wobble with the battering by Chelsea

Another season of totting up the necessary points any which way we can, is fine by me.

(I don't have to go to the games each week tho, I do realise that)

I think a lot of us felt less of a threat of relegation after we saw how bad some of the promoted teams were. Takes the pressure off.

Credit to Dyche. I presume he's took a look in the mirror as have the players, some home truths perhaps.

Is it enough to take us in to next season? I saw in one of the last comments "he's surely earned the right to manage us in the long term". Seriously? How bad have we been this season?

He's earned the right to finish the season.
Not as bad as he previous two seasons

He got it spot on last night, our only chance was to out muscle Liverpool and that is exactly what we did. The problem now is that it is impossible to play like the that for a sustained period, the players just can't do that amount of running around without the ball. I hope we can manage a similarly energetic performance on Saturday and that we achieve an similar result. It would be lovely to pish on skys parade with their, 'relegation decider' at Luton, by going there already safe.

I'm no great admire of Dyche, but, what I always say about him is, you can put up with the football when he is getting results. Depending on our off then field position in then summer I think h may well get next season as well, but, I really hope we start a complete new era when we to to the new ground, new board, new owner and new manager

Why cant the players keep the level up each game? We did under Royle with high tempo football.

Agree if were getting results the football doesnt matter.

No point pointing fingers at fans after a great win, or a terrible defeat.

There wasn't a single blue that wasn't concerned after that awful run - but we've got to do our best to keep context.

With 4 games to go - points won on the pitch;

2022/23 - 29 Points/19th
2023/24 - 41 points/14th

I see only Man City and Chelsea had more touches in Liverpool's penalty area than Everton this season.

Now we're safe, I think we'll see the whole team shift more forward for the rest of the season.

The next 3 games,

Brentford H
Luton A
Sheffield H

All winnable matches and it will be a chance for Dyche to be more 'expansive' in style -- thats something that Allardyce failed in doing.

He has an opportunity now, not only to improve his image in the fans eyes but also to test his players limitations with more freedom.

Not to mention a result against Brentford and we'll have over 3 weeks longer than last season to plan for the transfer window.

He has surely earned the right to manage us in the long-term.

Were it not for the points deduction we would have been safe long ago, despite all the off-the-field upheaval and the lack of money.

Not sure about that. He'll do us while all the off the pitch nonsense is going on to keep us ticking along on the pitch.

Once new owners are in place and we know where we're at, it’ll probably be time to reassess.

At the end of the day, he does not get the credit for me he deserves from many,for the simple reason many dont like the way we play. But it's points that matter,not the style you play. A lot of people have been raving about how Good a job Gary O'Neil had done, yet we would be just 2points behind them without the points we lost, similar again people go on about how good Brighton are-again we are only 3points off them and won the same amount of games as Brighton & 1 behind Wolves. This is obviously not fogetting we have basically done this with 2 points deductions hanging over our heads for a lot the season.

Why cant the players keep the level up each game? We did under Royle with high tempo football.

Agree if were getting results the football doesnt matter.

The next 3 games,

Brentford H
Luton A
Sheffield H

All winnable matches and it will be a chance for Dyche to be more 'expansive' in style -- thats something that Allardyce failed in doing.

He has an opportunity now, not only to improve his image in the fans eyes but also to test his players limitations with more freedom.

Not to mention a result against Brentford and we'll have over 3 weeks longer than last season to plan for the transfer window.
You really think he will change his approach. You maybe right, but I will be amazed. I don’t even see him giving a kid a chance in the last couple of games if we’re safe, say Hunt, who has been on the bench for months

We need a proper buyer first to do that .....
Agreed. But marquee or supposed marquee signings aren't the answer, definitely not in this epoch of our existence. When we're firmly established in BMD, increased revenue, increased presence in Europe on a regular basis then an occasional marquee signing wouldn't be disagreeable, but for now, definitely not.

At the end of the day, he does not get the credit for me he deserves from many,for the simple reason many dont like the way we play. But it's points that matter,not the style you play. A lot of people have been raving about how Good a job Gary O'Neil had done, yet we would be just 2points behind them without the points we lost, similar again people go on about how good Brighton are-again we are only 3points off them and won the same amount of games as Brighton & 1 behind Wolves. This is obviously not fogetting we have basically done this with 2 points deductions hanging over our heads for a lot the season.
We’d be 2 points off wolves and Brighton have a game in hand. We’d be 14th without the points deduction, I do think this team/squad should be 16th at worst and we should be close to palace and Brentford, considering Brentford have been using a striker we deemed not good enough.

Dyche is getting credit for being a better manager than Lampard, which isn’t difficult. I’m not fan of dyche, but fair play for turning around That awful run of form. But for me the game and premier league have changed , it may come back around , where managers who look to sit in and counter or play for set pieces. But at the moment it’s all about attacking and scoring goals. Even the likes of Jose, conte struggled with that style, with much better squads.
I don’t think dyche is going to be a long option, well not for me

Adding the 8 points, we have made progress. Being safe in April, would definitely been this seasons target. There is a bit of a rebuild, this summer. Especially, with all the out of contract players. With our money, issues the last thing we need, is paying compensation to yet another manager. Plus, who are you going to get?

The club is in too much of a mess, for a young inexperienced manager. Only leaves Moyes, if Westham sack him. So it's a bit of a like for like.

He has another year on his contract.

Stick with him

My 15yo is off on a round of golf wearing his Everton shirt with pride. It’s good for the younger ones to taste such a sweet victory
Football shirts on golf courses… that’s
i agree I’m not a fan of the football but it’s been needs must.
There are no alternatives with squad.
At times we have played some decent stuff.

Did anyone watch Brighton last night vs City playing lovely triangles in there own box, playing 26 passes and not getting out of there own half? We are told now that this is proper football? Not for me, it was stupid and pointless the only way that stuff works is if you have world class forwards. I have no interest in watching my team play 30 passes in our own half, give me Wednesday night anytime.

Going to have his work cut out next season if he loses the two big lads, I cant see the style changing much, he'll do whatever he thinks is needed to keep premier league status, more attritional football on the cards. If by this time next year, we are safe and he's navigated his way through the accountants getting us back on track financially he'll deserve an f'in massive pat on the back even if the product is dross at times.

Did anyone watch Brighton last night vs City playing lovely triangles in there own box, playing 26 passes and not getting out of there own half? We are told now that this is proper football? Not for me, it was stupid and pointless the only way that stuff works is if you have world class forwards. I have no interest in watching my team play 30 passes in our own half, give me Wednesday night anytime.
I hate that type of stuff,plus the messing around in your own area as they did last night conceding that goal.It gives fans heart attacks. Looks good if it all comes off and you actually move up the pitch, but doing it for doing it sake, is pointless